+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 540 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Geoff.

People on TV with ridiculous looking mouthfuls of phoney brilliantly white and perfectly even teeth. You even see the occasional example amongst the 'regular' public these days. All crowns, implants and veneers. Looks bloody ludicrous!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes - but if I ask someone "How are you" I'm being polite and really only expect a simple reply of "I'm well", if they are or "Not too bad", if they are not. I don't really want to be given a litany of aches and pains.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    People dropping litter...
    Yeah. That gets me. I walked past a car once and a beer can flew out of the window and landed at my feet. I picked it up and threw back in, hard!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't really want to be given a litany of aches and pains.
    I know exactly what you mean Barry and I know people who do that... my Colin has all sorts of problems with his leukaemia but he never complains about it
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes - but if I ask someone "How are you" I'm being polite and really only expect a simple reply of "I'm well", if they are or "Not too bad", if they are not. I don't really want to be given a litany of aches and pains.
    An old neighbor broke me of that habit! She was an old crone with a wooden leg, and any time I appeared from my door she would suddenly be sweeping the porch. And if I accidentally asked how she was doing, it would turn into a 30 minute diatribe on her poor health and crappy life. After a time I learned not to ask! But, about once a week or so, I would make it a point to ask, and set and listen to her story. She got to be much less bothersome with that bit of patience. But I always hated it at work, to walk down the hall under the constant onslaught of, "how are you?", I learned to just say, "Good" and keep walking. It does seem that wasted bit of conversation could have been used more constructively? "Nice to see you", seems more appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. That gets me. I walked past a car once and a beer can flew out of the window and landed at my feet. I picked it up and threw back in, hard!
    Good for you Geoff!
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes I was stopped at the lights in Edinburgh once, car with mum driving and three teenagery looking people opened the windows and emptied the car of rubbish - cans, takeaway bags, all sorts of crap. When the lights changed they just drove away leaving a mound either side. I was too shocked to do anything.

I'm James.

Work, life. , misilainious, ffs
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm joe.

I'm still fairly bereft of pet hates. I guess one is the idea of graffiti as art, rather than vandalism.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm still fairly bereft of pet hates. I guess one is the idea of graffiti as art, rather than vandalism.
    How do you stand with aboriginal rock art and pre-historic cave paintings then?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread