+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 540 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I've been watching some daytime TV this week, mostly shite. One program 'ill gotten gains' shows how profits from crime are recovered and put to good use. First story gets so far and the presenter says"we'll show you later what happened" next story starts,half way through "we'll come back to this with the result of the investigation" next story starts!!! And then they return to the other story's bit by bit just tell one tale at a time for FS!!!
    Yeah keep tuned so you will see the adverts and have to watch to the bitter end. Its getting like the American TV when they have so many ad breaks that they reintroduce you to the programme with a minute or so of whats been happening...loses all flow and constantly repeating itself...soooo annoying and hardly worth watching anyway. Well it is American TV as so much of it is now on UK channels

Anyway UK daytime tv is a national disgrace. Its like they think anyone with a brain is out at work so lets fill the airtime with mind numbing lowest common denominator rubbish.

"Television drug of the nation, breeding ignorance and feeding radiation"

I hardly watch any tv now and there is only some stuff on BBC4 HD in the evening thats worth bothering with. A channel that has the sense to shut down until the evenings viewing

I'm Neil.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The demand for cocaine and cannabis wasn't there like it is now though. It's a black market in the tens of billions now. The tax revenue from legalising it would make North Sea oil look like a ten shilling postal order. We could be like Brunei.

But the same attitude to policing prevailed in the past, which was all about knowing who the wrong 'uns were and keeping a lid on them. No-one ever thought that one day they would have locked up all the scrotes and crime would stop. I've never met a copper who thought there was a solution to it all that would make him redundant. And you'd think they would know if there was one.
    Did you know that the UK is the largest exporter of ‘legal’ cannabis in the world?

Also, we just don’t get cocaine in the UK anymore, it’s a blend of pharmaceuticals, fillers, stuff like fentanyl, and Jah knows what else. Same thing with all Class A drugs in the UK really, a total crapshoot on what you are going to get.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    No one would raise an eyebrow. It's how people in Blackpool say hello.

Little known fact: Singer Alicia Keys' dad lives and works in Blackpool. His name is Don.
    Bastard, you had me there for a second.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yeah keep tuned so you will see the adverts and have to watch to the bitter end. Its getting like the American TV when they have so many ad breaks that they reintroduce you to the programme with a minute or so of whats been happening...loses all flow and constantly repeating itself...soooo annoying and hardly worth watching anyway. Well it is American TV as so much of it is now on UK channels

Anyway UK daytime tv is a national disgrace. Its like they think anyone with a brain is out at work so lets fill the airtime with mind numbing lowest common denominator rubbish.

"Television drug of the nation, breeding ignorance and feeding radiation"

I hardly watch any tv now and there is only some stuff on BBC4 HD in the evening thats worth bothering with. A channel that has the sense to shut down until the evenings viewing
    No ads it were on aunty beeb. Disposable hero's of hiphopricsy?
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 17-05-2018 at 18:20.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    No ads it were on aunty beeb. Disposable hero's of hiphopricsy?
    Yes I spotted that too. Haven't heard it for about 25 years. It's scary how quick the years pass.

TV adverts have become little more than a minor inconvenience for most people thanks to Sky+ (other recording devices are available) and catch up TV. I don't know why the advertisers bother anymore.

I've noticed that a couple of soaps begin with a small letter "p" in the corner of the screen. Nobody told me, but I reckon it means "product placement". I've seen McCain frozen chips appear on Emmerdale recently (easy to distinguish from the characters by having "McCain" printed clearly on them). Also on Coronation Street, lots of people walking round with Costa coffee cups. Why anyone would walk 20 yards from their front door to pay the thick end of three quid when they have a working kettle at home I don't know.

Of course these are Mrs. P's theories - I never bother with these programmes you know.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Why anyone would walk 20 yards from their front door to pay the thick end of three quid when they have a working kettle at home I don't know.
    That's rather like my thoughts on barbeques. I mean why? You're twenty feet from a fully functioning and much more convenient to use indoor kitchen where you can cook everything properly and take it into the garden if need be.

Of course everybody will disagree with me. But I don't care!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... It won't TASTE barbecued though, that's the point!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

I'll pass on the raw inside chicken legs that smell of scorch and lighting fluid!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Only applies if the arse using it doesn't know how to cook!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread