+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 540 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

The channel logos on screen! I briefly watched a film on 4 HD and this large logo is staring at me top left. Anyone with screenburn issues is going to have a nice collection for a start.

Then why do I need to see it constantly? I have an info button if I care to remind myself and an instant guide menu. Who the hell actually wants those logos on screen apart from a TV company full of its own self importance?

The aliens are coming and I see this bloody white logo up there!

I saw that the BBC dont do it or I couldnt see it on channels I checked.

Anyway its a real FFS

I'm Graham.

I have a piece of gaffer tape stuck across the top left corner of my screen......
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Steve.

I tried that with the gaffer tape, but during a Sunday morning Emmerdale omnibus, the little sign language man complained it was really distracting. At least I think that's what he said.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I tried that with the gaffer tape, but during a Sunday morning Emmerdale omnibus, the little sign language man complained it was really distracting. At least I think that's what he said.
    Mine jumped to the opposite corner....
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Martin.

Yes but its not needed as a logo is it. When have you ever been frustrated wanting to know which channel it is? A quick flick of the remote will remind us all if we care

When has it ever been a problem not having a logo on display? The ancient tellies used to have a display at the bottom but there is no led display on my Pvr now because we dont need them...thets what the guide and info buttons are for.

I'm Martin.

I've had cable since 1996 so I'm used to it. Yes, I'd rather they didn't do it but it's there to remind you, whether you want to be reminded or not, what channel you are watching that great show on. That is if you can find a great show of course.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Another youth, almost certainly a poxy student, in front of me in the off-license queue. Buying 2 packs of Haribo and a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi. Paying by card. Card declines first time but he insists they try it again. A long wait. Finally it goes through.

What sort of evening is he planning to have with a bottle of Pepsi and some packets of kids sweets? You can't imagine. And why does he not have £3.50 in his pocket? A man should carry money; do they not teach them that at school anymore? I suppose there is no time in between the lessons on climate change and going on visits to mosques. And it's an extra 80p to pay by card so they clearly aren't learning any financial common sense either.

He will be interviewed on the telly in a year or two complaining about the size of his student loan and his type 2 diabetes. You just watch.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

And thats reminded me to mention youthy yobby idiots wondering around the streets even in freezing temperatures generally causing trouble. On a couple of nights in the last week Ive had to pass these idiots screaming and shouting. One was running down the road to show off to his mates tonight so Ive had to hold back and it caused an awkward situation with oncoming traffic wanting to turn into my path

Im a bit sick of it. Who the hell goes out to wander round the streets in this weather? Its this age group sort of between 11 and 16 although they could be younger. Clearly they are too young to get in to the nightspots and they just seem to like hanging around Where are the parents and what are they saying when a 13 year old says he/she is going out with no clear purpose. The girls are worse than the lads

What sort of idiot hangs around street corners in -1 temperatures cos its saturday night? Why dont they go to a friends house and make Mary Berry cake recipes, watch Blue Peter or play a computer game

If they are not responsible enough to bring up kids or cant cope with them when they get a bit older, why are people having them?? Irresponsible lazy, bad minded parents = irresponsible troublesome kids.

Rant over. I will sort this world out Sorry but its a real FFS moment and these kids know they are causing trouble because they seem to like the attention.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    And thats reminded me to mention youthy yobby idiots wondering around the streets even in freezing temperatures generally causing trouble. On a couple of nights in the last week Ive had to pass these idiots screaming and shouting. One was running down the road to show off to his mates tonight so Ive had to hold back and it caused an awkward situation with oncoming traffic wanting to turn into my path

Im a bit sick of it. Who the hell goes out to wander round the streets in this weather? Its this age group sort of between 11 and 16 although they could be younger. Clearly they are too young to get in to the nightspots and they just seem to like hanging around Where are the parents and what are they saying when a 13 year old says he/she is going out with no clear purpose. The girls are worse than the lads

What sort of idiot hangs around street corners in -1 temperatures cos its saturday night? Why dont they go to a friends house and make Mary Berry cake recipes, watch Blue Peter or play a computer game

If they are not responsible enough to bring up kids or cant cope with them when they get a bit older, why are people having them?? Irresponsible lazy, bad minded parents = irresponsible troublesome kids.

Rant over. I will sort this world out Sorry but its a real FFS moment and these kids know they are causing trouble because they seem to like the attention.
    When I was a teenager, back in the 70’s, we hid from the adults! We had secret meeting places in the nearby lumber company forests, a hundred of us would gather. But we were not seen, the adults had no idea where we were or what we were doing. In the Winter we had bon fires as big as trucks! So I don’t know what this new thing is about hanging out in the street and hollering at cars? Doesn’t sound too bright?

Russell

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've had cable since 1996 so I'm used to it. Yes, I'd rather they didn't do it but it's there to remind you, whether you want to be reminded or not, what channel you are watching that great show on. That is if you can find a great show of course.
    its a marker so that recordings show it up permanent. Worse, now a lot split the program with a little prog so you have to record both parts. Its to cause annoyance in hope you will watch at time and not record. I blank those channels.... of course as a result I rarely watch anything but they aint controlling me
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread