+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 540 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    'Is it it possible to discuss the meaningless?' Discuss.
    On a hi-fi site?

Are you kidding?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    On a hi-fi site?

Are you kidding?
    I see your point. I guess all hifi discussions are meaningless, as demonstrated by the nonsense people write when trying to describe how a system sounds. Either it's yer 'inky blackness' and 'walk-in soundstage' and 'even my wife who does not normally notice such things ...', or it's yer 'all the musicians sound like they're playing together' and 'I heard things I'd never noticed before, even though I've listened to this album 3,000 times'. Even funnier is when a You Tube video is posted as evidence of how good a system sounds, because it's not as if it's going to be played via a crappy laptop speaker or anything, is it?

I'm Martin.

'My wife immediately noticed it was meaningless from the next room'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Of course, it's only really possible to establish meaninglessness through rigorous A/B double blind testing supervised by James Randi (unless he's dead, in which case it'll have to be Alan Shaw).

I'm Geoff.

Please ensure meaningless does not get confused with pointless.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

For pointless, just make it a thread about Shakespeare.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Or Scottish football.

I'm Geoff.

or Tory benevolence

I see your point. I guess all hifi discussions are meaningless, as demonstrated by the nonsense people write when trying to describe how a system sounds.
    Better that, in my book, and at least making an attempt to describe what is heard, than sitting back and posting nothing. The quickest way to kill any forum is to stifle discussion, unless the content meets with someone's misplaced 'intellectual approval'

Even funnier is when a You Tube video is posted as evidence of how good a system sounds, because it's not as if it's going to be played via a crappy laptop speaker or anything, is it?
    How do you know that as a fact? Most folk on forums like this, who own a smart TV, or have a music streaming system, run YouTube through their hi-fi system (count me in). Therefore, it's perfectly possible to make some sort of judgment on the sonic ability of the systems you mention.

Just because you're stuck in the past, and refuse to avail yourself of such technology, doesn't mean that everyone else is!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Or Scottish football.
    Or politics, especially Brexit.

Marco.

P.S I'm all for having a nice hard one.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread