+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 540 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Come to Chorley! Like Wakefield but with added tumbleweed
    Ooh sounds nice
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    That recent Tui ad, ain't no body loves me better, aaarrgh fxxxxxxk off
    When the missus is fast forwarding through the ads, she would rather miss part of the programme than risk hearing any of that awful Tui ad

I'm James.

When the missus is fast forwarding through the ads, she would rather miss part of the programme than risk hearing any of that awful Tui ad
    I have to agree with her ,it's so cockin awful, it just winds me up. The original recording is good,but now spoiled
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

What's a tui?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

It's the new name for Thompson Holidays

I'm Steve.

And that woman who sings on it looks (and sounds) like a parrot that's fallen off its perch (remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue)

I'm Grant.

Ah not seen it although I don't watch much tv as such and don't go holiday s so it wouldn't interest me if I did
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

While I've got my "grumpy head" on, let me just say how much I hate it when people say "Robin Reliant". Grrr! Mrs Pony thinks there are more important things to get mad about, but all these niggles have a cumulative effect.

Also on my shit-list are people at the supermarket who wait for the check-out person to say what the total bill is before rooting in their handbag for their purse. And people who say "definately" will be first against the wall when the revolution comes
    Definitely agree with you there.

As for the Robin Reliant, I've been known to tell people there's no such thing. They argue and I tell them to look it up.

Another thing is Londoners who are unable to use the abbreviation 'didn't' and pronounce it 'ditn'. God know why, I hear it quite often.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ah not seen it although I don't watch much tv as such and don't go holiday s so it wouldn't interest me if I did
    Grant, you may well want to put your TV through the window if you did see it!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Definitely agree with you there.

As for the Robin Reliant, I've been known to tell people there's no such thing. They argue and I tell them to look it up.

Another thing is Londoners who are unable to use the abbreviation 'didn't' and pronounce it 'ditn'. God know why, I hear it quite often.
    With regards to pronunciation, how come some Americans can't say ask? They say axe?

+ Reply to Thread