Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Good god! I get OCD about damaging my hi fi equipment then I see this FFS
    She quite likes the speakers too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    What really gets on my threepenny bits is lack of communication and nothing else gets me wound up more.

FFS we have mobile phones with voicemail, landline phones with answering machines, text messages, emails and even soshal mejia, all of which costs little or nothing to use. We no longer have to write letters by hand, put it in an envelope, buy a stamp and go to the pillar box to post the feckin thing and wait days for a reply.

Applying for jobs is a complete joke now and the red mist descends when I read this sort of crap; "Due to the large volume of responses, if you haven't heard back in 30 days then assume your application was unsuccessful". Large volume? Sites like Reed show the total number of applicants, so when I see only 5 people have applied, I really want to hit the asshole that wrote those patronising words. Even if they sent me an email saying "Piss off" that at least would be some form of communication.

Now you can compose an email with just one set of typing to be done, copied to as many blind recipients as you could possibly want, which took around 20 seconds at most to write and cost sweet fanny adams to send, so what excuse do these shit-for-brains need? NOBODY is that busy, so I don't buy that excuse either.

And breathe . . . . . . . .
    Yeah the internet does not really make it any easier. Its still about who you know. Theres not really any communication for rejected applicants as they dont run a feedback service and nor would they ever want to

This is mainly because they would have to explain their own ramshackle hiring process and prejudices

Its all about hard skills and its just a BS process. Even when writing if they really want you they wouldnt care if the thing arrived on Snoopy notepaper as long as the skills really stand out.

The internet is full of BS job sites. The way its going is more of a Linkedin Facebook example where you do them a little song and dance video or let them in to your holiday snaps to see if they like you.

General skills just dont cut it anymore unless you have something to blackmail them with

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Almost impossible to open (when you're all wet and slippery) shampoo and shower gel bottles.
    At any time, never mind the wet and slippery.....
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yeah the internet does not really make it any easier. Its still about who you know. Theres not really any communication for rejected applicants as they dont run a feedback service and nor would they ever want to

This is mainly because they would have to explain their own ramshackle hiring process and prejudices

Its all about hard skills and its just a BS process. Even when writing if they really want you they wouldnt care if the thing arrived on Snoopy notepaper as long as the skills really stand out.

The internet is full of BS job sites. The way its going is more of a Linkedin Facebook example where you do them a little song and dance video or let them in to your holiday snaps to see if they like you.

General skills just dont cut it anymore unless you have something to blackmail them with
    You really have hit the nail on the head there.

I have no qualms at all if someone better has landed the job, but the few times I have met the successful candidate I really could weep at how inept and incompetent they actually are. I have got to the point now where I am not bothering to go through the entire ridiculous pantomime and it has reduced my stress levels significantly.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    She quite likes the speakers too

Put on some Prodigy, that should do the trick
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Put on some Prodigy, that should do the trick
    I've played dub reggae, Therapy, Sex Pistols, electronic, dance and Wagner with no reaction. However the slightest rattle of a Dreamies bag produces the sort of take off Usain Bolt would be proud of.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Steve.

They do love their dreamies!

We bought this plastic mouse, shaped like a weeble that you put dreamies inside. The cat taps it around with her paw, and they drop out of holes.

8.30pm is 'dreamies' time, and around that time she goes and sits next to the mouse. She's never more than a few minutes out.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I've noticed before that cats can tell what time it is. It's not really credible but it's true. They also know how to box and do Judo throws.

Maybe not all of them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

She's got one of those mice, she gets so worked up with it I'm surprised it's still in one piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    They do love their dreamies!

We bought this plastic mouse, shaped like a weeble that you put dreamies inside. The cat taps it around with her paw, and they drop out of holes.

8.30pm is 'dreamies' time, and around that time she goes and sits next to the mouse. She's never more than a few minutes out.

Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Martin.

Why dont you pet owners have a room where pets are not allowed? There seems no point owning anything that you want to keep looking nice. Can you imagine buying big Tannoys, a new Sondek or a 4K TV and having a room full of puppies or cats.

I cant fathom that but pet owners dont seem to care.

Its not just that...it the pot luck situation where you dont know if the cat is suddenly going to treat the speakers or the TV as a scratching board or chewing toy The dog/cat doesnt really care and dont tell me you have them trained to respect a fine veneer

I work hard for my money and I dont want things damaged by pets. I think you let your pets take over and youve given up on the cosmetics of your home. Tiddles has taken over and its not finding the least damaging way to get on that speaker

Its not so much ocd as not wanting things damaged to hell when it can be easily avoided
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 28-05-2018 at 15:25.

+ Reply to Thread