+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 352 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3519

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol, me too!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Pigmy Pony for prime minister!!

Can't stand delicate little flowers, who take offence at the slightest thing

Next up: political correctness. Fuck that BULLSHITE, too!!

Marco.
    I take offence to that..............
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Steve.

As shown by my friends over the years, not too many delicate little flowers north of the border. I'd move there tomorrow if they could do something about the weather

I'm John.

I really am starting to like this forum more and more. Seems to be refreshing lack of snowflakes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm with you there, man. They seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate. What went wrong there was we stopped saying 'No-one gives a fuck if you're offended mate, so just piss off' and started taking them seriously. I do not know who the first person to do that was but no one stopped him and now it's taken hold. It happened and we all let it happen.
    We already have thought crime legislation. It started in Scotland using the law to ban so-called 'sectarian' songs on pain of jail time (which can include God Save the Queen in certain circumstances) and extended into 'hate crime' legislation where you can be convicted purely on the feelings (no joke) of a self-declared 'victim'. Here's a particularly scary example https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/...-a-hate-crime/
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Grant.

It's been scrapped tho afaik
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    I really am starting to like this forum more and more. Seems to be refreshing lack of snowflakes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It's good to hear some positive comments after a day of people being mean to me. My mum, dad and therapist said there were some nice people in this world, and I think you must be one of them

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    We already have thought crime legislation. It started in Scotland using the law to ban so-called 'sectarian' songs on pain of jail time (which can include God Save the Queen in certain circumstances) and extended into 'hate crime' legislation where you can be convicted purely on the feelings (no joke) of a self-declared 'victim'. Here's a particularly scary example https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/...-a-hate-crime/
    There was allegedly a bloke who sent a copy of Orwell's '1984' to all 650 members of Parliament with an accompanying note advising them that it was written as a warning, not as an instruction manual. Wonderful; if true.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Mark.

Just to add a touch of gravity - fruit advertised as 'perfectly ripe' or 'ready to eat' when it clearly isn't. Usual culprits are avocados and plums ... anything stoned really... What they really mean is 'this stuff needs to be put in the airing cupboard for a week or two, then you will be able to cut it with a hacksaw and it will have no taste'.

I'm Pavel.

I hate courier companies in Ireland, they’re all rubbish with GLS being the worst offender.

+ Reply to Thread