+ Reply to Thread
Page 296 of 540 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    In that case you may like 'Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar', a three-record box set (I got a mint s/h copy for £30) if you haven't already heard it. It does as the title suggests.

When FZ lets rip with that thing, I can forgive him the smut (some of which I quite like) and the strange time signatures.

He looked and sounded like no one else, and I envy anyone who got to see him.
    I have Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar and like it very much, I may even like it more than the usual suspects (Over-nite Sensations, Hot Rats, We’re Only In It For The Money etc.)

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I have Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar and like it very much, I may even like it more than the usual suspects (Over-nite Sensations, Hot Rats, We’re Only In It For The Money etc.)
    Love some Zappa! I bought some CD’s of a few early albums, and the sound is not great. But he could play that guitar! I love the 4 minute solo in Pajama People, to me, that’s what is meant by “Shredding”. He takes the basic melody and cuts it up some 16 different ways.

Russell

I'm Martin.

Just been on the phone to Google today about some BM RGCH 06 gift card error code and they didnt even know what the error code really meant. (dont give us error codes if they cant be pinpointed!) Its been so frustrating. Although they tried to help they were clueless about the problem. They wouldnt credit me with the amount and I was basically told to keep trying. I had to come away and open a new google email primary account to get it to work.

It was find everything out about me but dont really solve the problem...do you know what I mean?

It also made me realise just how tied up we are with them especially on android phones and how much you cant alter priority accounts without possibly having to factory reset the phone and lose all data... a nightmare I just about avoided. Thats mainly because their processes dont like losing the handle they have on me with the primary account and all the usage data they have on me.

I was happily downloading the purchases on my gift card balance then the next minute nothing works other than pop up messages asking I sign into the original account I just deleted...luckily I was able to recover it....Big brother is watching me

I dont like these mega corporations and how they want to know all about me for advertising and analytics. I really dont think its healthy for the consumer when Google get too big and it just seems like thay have a hand in every pie. It felt like a big brother moment today or a scene from Bladerunner
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 21-03-2018 at 14:08.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Just been on the phone to Google today about some BM RGCH 06 gift card error code and they didnt even know what the error code really meant. (dont give us error codes if they cant be pinpointed!) Its been so frustrating. Although they tried to help they were clueless about the problem. They wouldnt credit me with the amount and I was basically told to keep trying. I had to come away and open a new google email primary account to get it to work.

It was find everything out about me but dont really solve the problem...do you know what I mean?

It also made me realise just how tied up we are with them especially on android phones and how much you cant alter priority accounts without possibly having to factory reset the phone and lose all data... a nightmare I just about avoided. Thats mainly because their processes dont like losing the handle they have on me with the primary account and all the usage data they have on me.

I happily downloading the purchases on my gift card balance then the next minute nothing works other than pop up messages asking I sign into the original account I just deleted...luckily I was able to recover it....Big brother is watching me

I dont like these mega corporations and how they want to know all about me for advertising and analytics. I really dont think its healthy for the consumer when Google get too big and it just seems like thay have a hand in every pie. It felt like a big brother moment today or a scene from Bladerunner
    Totally agree. They are far, far too big and overbearing. For example if you look in Google maps history it tells you everyone you have been. But it's hard to do anything on an android phone without engaging with them.

Things like LinkedIn and Facebook are the same. They are very much about controlling and dictating your interaction with them instead of letting you decide.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

People who put lines like this into classifieds threads:

"I paid £xxx for this, I'd like back what I paid for it, so £xxx."

...don't need to know that, just put a price in, and reduce as necessary if it doesn't sell over time. I don't want to know that the seller is being cheeky, and doesn't know what depreciation is, or what multiple owners should do to s/h prices.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post

...don't need to know that, just put a price in, and reduce as necessary if it doesn't sell over time. I don't want to know that the seller is being cheeky, and doesn't know what depreciation is, or what multiple owners should do to s/h prices.
    They do that because they are concerned that if they are seen to be making any money out of hi-fi people will disapprove. So it is to re-assure all the holier-than-thou types that they are not profiteering. Why anyone would care what they think is another matter.

Next time I sell something I'm going to say 'I bought this for fifty quid less than I'm asking but that was because I took advantage of some mug to buy it cheap and now I'm gleefully profiteering. So screw you.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They do that because they are concerned that if they are seen to be making any money out of hi-fi people will disapprove. So it is to re-assure all the holier-than-thou types that they are not profiteering. Why anyone would care what they think is another matter.

Next time I sell something I'm going to say 'I bought this for fifty quid less than I'm asking but that was because I took advantage of some mug to buy it cheap and now I'm gleefully profiteering. So screw you.'
    ...I wouldn't mind people making profit from listings if the demand was there. A great example would be finding an old boxed pair of LS3/5A that were bought for £50 a few decades ago, it'd be mental to sell them for that.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

I dont mind that actually.I like a blurb with some info so I can set my BS detector accordingly. Its better than just a high price with no information. It doesnt mean that I have to believe them but it gives an idea what they are about and perhaps a chink in the barrier to make an offer.

I will sometimes put in an offer for the price of a phonecall

For negotiation its best that its not on ebay. I like a good blurb as long as it doesnt go overboard. Its unusual for someone to say what they paid and be honest about it but at least it gives me an idea what may be in their heads.

Ive pretty much decided what I would pay anyway. Really the product has sold itself if I am looking for it. Nobody has to do much of a sales job if I am interested. Maybe if it was mint looking when I saw it I might be tempted to go up in price.

I sometimes give more money because Im so happy it looks mint and has been well looked after...I will slip em a bonus

I'm Martin.

...I wouldn't mind people making profit from listings if the demand was there. A great example would be finding an old boxed pair of LS3/5A that were bought for £50 a few decades ago, it'd be mental to sell them for that.
    You would, but I've seen people criticised for doing it.

And the reverse is also true, if you saw some minters on a boot sale for £50 would you tell the bloke they are worth at least 10 times that or just snap them up? As far as I'm concerned it is someone's own business which road they go down, but regrettably there are people who are absolutely as pure and perfect as the driven snow who will castigate you to the ends of the earth if you snap them up for fifty and then flog them to some bloke in Japan for £2K.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Why would anyone begrudge or resent a private individual from making a profit, legally, no matter how big, on anything they sell? That simply smacks of jealousy, which is one of the most abhorrent of human traits, and annoys me immensely!

I couldn't give a flying fuck how much money anyone makes when selling a piece of hi-fi equipment. If you've got the balls and the ability to sell something to someone, willing and able to pay it, at 10 times or 100 times its original worth, then well done - call yourself an entrepreneur!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread