+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 540 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    It does a bit to be honest ... so I'm 'normal' then ....
    You are. When you get the word, put a chalk cross on your front door and we'll pass you over.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You are. When you get the word, put a chalk cross on your front door and we'll pass you over.
    I'll do that Martin

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Does it make you want to immediately beat him to death?

If it does then you are perfectly normal.
    Sorry Bev, but a diagnosis from Dr. Macca should be taken with a pinch of salt. Better to get a second opinion.

My surgery hours are: 9am to 4pm, with a really long lunch break
    Saturdays; off playing golf
    Appointments; call between 8.30 and 8.45, and be prepared to be put on hold for a reeeeallly long time (good luck with that one)

regards,
    Dr. Condescending God-complex
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

That one for the doorbell gizmo; so when someone rings your doorbell it comes up on your 'phone. And there's a camera and loudspeaker so you can see them and talk to them; and give them grief if you are a smug, lanky twat.
    Those ads are absolutely ridiculous. The 'burglars' are always well dressed, clean cut, twentysomething white males. Never a gang of scrawny teenage scrotes in trackies or a toothless smackhead - i.e. the sort of people who actually do burgle houses. And when the unbelievably smug, confidently assertive homeowner tells them to go away they immediately oblige. They don't show you the bit where he laughs and tells them to fuck off or where he returns twenty minutes later with a brick, or the bit where the-by-now-not-so-confident homeowner phones the police who tell him they will try to get someone there within 24 hours.

And the houses they live in are always unfeasibly palatial. Why can't they just live in a normal semi? It makes the product look like a fashion accessory for wannabe millionaires rather than an effective security device.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Those ads are absolutely ridiculous. The 'burglars' are always well dressed, clean cut, twentysomething white males. Never a gang of scrawny teenage scrotes in trackies or a toothless smackhead - i.e. the sort of people who actually do burgle houses. And when the unbelievably smug, confidently assertive homeowner tells them to go away they immediately oblige. They don't show you the bit where he laughs and tells them to fuck off or where he returns twenty minutes later with a brick, or the bit where the-by-now-not-so-confident homeowner phones the police who tell him they will try to get someone there within 24 hours.

And the houses they live in are always unfeasibly palatial. Why can't they just live in a normal semi? It makes the product look like a fashion accessory for wannabe millionaires rather than an effective security device.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    seconded.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

And the aforementioned scumbags wouldn't call during the day anyway. After a night burgling houses, smoking skunk and drinking whatever they could steal from the offy, they get their twelve kids off to school before going to bed for a few hours. followed by a trip on their stolen pushbikes to the pawn shop to exchange last night's takings for the X-Box they pawned last month.

Hoodies and the cover of night is the secret of their success.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

We should organise a cull.

I'm Steve.

Sign me up for that!

I don't know why the same technology that puts trackers in vehicles cannot be applied to the most commonly stolen items (tech gear and power tools). It could be installed in such away that attempts to remove would render the item permanently inoperable and therefore valueless.

Perhaps the manufacturers don't want this as it would be bad for business, as victims of theft would normally go out and buy a replacement.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    We should organise a cull.
    Just realised, this could be tricky. The scumbags are the ones with all the knives and guns. Will have a rethink. Might be easier just to level certain housing estates with occupants in situ.

I'm joe.

We don't get to choose what we find funny. I mean I don't get the joke either but I just skim over it. I don't find it shocking. But then I have cleaned out pigsties.

And I used to have to unblock the ladies' toilets when we had the pub. I never worked out why that was always my job. But if you're shocked by shit don't ever attempt to fix the ladies' toilets.
    My very first job involved me being tea-boy for a large office with a (mostly) female workforce. For some reason, the drinking water tap was in the ladies cloakroom, but it was always my job to fill the kettle. I would cough loudly and call out 'anyone in there?' before going in. Invariably, one of the female office staff would be hiding in there and would (jokingly) scream out in terror as I walked in. How we laughed.

+ Reply to Thread