Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

"Too cool for skool" chic, can't be seen using correct grammar, innit

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Too cool for skool" chic, can't be seen using correct grammar, innit
    Bloody stupid tossers
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Ads that package up and misuse core human emotions to sell product. I think they call it emotional branding but its getting worse and its truly sickening.

Dont take everything thats good about the human race and link it to flogging your product as if your product is anything near the scale of whats really matters in life.

As The late Bill Hicks said "if you are in advertising do us all a favour and........" Strong words but we need to fight back against these parasites and predatory capitalists

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Ads that package up and misuse core human emotions to sell product. I think they call it emotional branding but its getting worse and its truly sickening.

Dont take everything thats good about the human race and link it to flogging your product as if your product is anything near the scale of whats really matters in life.

As The late Bill Hicks said "if you are in advertising do us all a favour and........" Strong words but we need to fight back against these parasites and predatory capitalists
    Can you provide an example? I'm thinking of advertisments for charities showing variously sad, but appealing, animals or children.
    Last edited by Barry; 19-01-2018 at 00:10. Reason: spelling
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Yes hang on Im trying to put them out of my mind. I will try and come up with examples. Those Vodaphone ads have me reaching for the sick bucket but there are many more. Just tell us the phone charges and coverage benefits....we will do the rest..... making friends and getting on with life.

The big mac advert that had to apologise for exploiting bereavement...the ads like Heineken implying that it brings people with oposing views together. They are not the only ones using that bringing people together slant.

Oh and Pepsi in that shameless catastrophe of an ad which was actually mocking the black lives matter movement.

I can make an allowance for charity ads and I was looking at some examples on the emotional branding page. There is a debate there but tugging at the heart strings is what they are about

Im talking more about the mini story scenario and then it pans out to a car for example. Banks that show a little story of a lifecycle as if they are our best mates other than the fact they are charging interest on a loan and vigorously dealing with defaulters

Tell me directly about the products if they must but dont link it all with a load of emotional B/S. I would like to see somebody defend this type of advert as they are getting worse
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 18-01-2018 at 17:49.

I'm James.

what about those perfume ads, usually around christmas, they make no sense at all
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    what about those perfume ads, usually around christmas, they make no sense at all
    At least they have fit women and don't preach at you
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

If an ad annoys chances are it is not aimed at your demographic, but it will be working on someone. The ads that work on you are the ones you don't even think about.

Fact is bullshit sells, you just have to target the right bullshit at the right people. It has always been the case and always will be because that is how the human brain works.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    At least they have fit women and don't preach at you
    Hmm ,fit..?skinny toothy models arn't my thing, I've never really got the fashion model thing, wire clothes hangers with hair

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Hmm ,fit..?skinny toothy models arn't my thing, I've never really got the fashion model thing, wire clothes hangers with hair
    Agree but they are still quite pretty even if too thin and in any case it isn't like we are going to have to shag them anyway
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread