+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sick Pioneer sacd Player..

I'm john.

Default Sick Pioneer sacd Player..

Just been trying to listen to the Genesis Foxtrot sacd on this player...it got to track 2 and skipped to track 3 mysteriously on its own..I took out the disc and theres not a single mark on there. I then put it back in the player and it wouldn't start..went from play to pause on its own. It isn't the disc as it's never let me down before..I tried another couple of sacd's and they do seem to play OK..If this fault doesn't sort itself out I'll never buy a replacement sacd player as it's less than 2 years old and has been looked after..my last sony player went tits up after only 3 years.

well pissed off..
    John.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Grimy laser???????
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm john.

Seems fine now....anyone know how the hell cd players can do stuff like this? I had bother wth my Nad player a few weeks back and its playing fine now.
    John.

I'm Martin.

I'm guessing you gave the disc a bit of a wipe even if there were no visible marks? My discs all go out of the box in the player then straight back in the box and they still manage to get crud on them. Just a gentle wipe with something soft - a good qualiity cotton t-shirt will do ( I use Calvin Klein )- could solve your problem.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread