+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linux or Stealth Notebook

I'm ILOB.

Default Linux or Stealth Notebook

I managed to get a spare notebook that I want to use as a standalone transport I got it with 6gb ram so I could use Jplay extreme in fullscale hibernation mode but will only play in extreme mode, so now I am thinking do I change the operating system to Linux or get Item audio to Stealth the notebook in Windows 7
    http://www.itemaudio.com/index.php/d...alth-mini.html
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

That looks interesting John, I have not heard of a 'stealthed' laptop. It certainly sounds like it addresses all the 'noise' problems I experienced by using a laptop. I have posted about it before, but when I used a laptop my main issues were the cooling fan, mechanical hard drive, the device drivers for the trackpad and one of the noisiest items I found was the screen. If they have dealt with all those, which it seems like they have, that should be in the same ball park as a small fanless, SSD headless server like mine.

Sounds a pretty hassle free route to a good sound for those that don't want to build their own, but still want the convenience of a small netbook/laptop
    Last edited by Tim; 02-11-2012 at 23:35.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ILOB.

yes my thoughts and price not to bad for the level of performance it will give
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread