+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannoy M20 clean up

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The Mercury got the bass sorted later on and I believe Martin Colloms may well have had some consultancy input on this, as he did on many 1980's products I understand.

Mmmm... interesting the bass is certainly juicy and plump, but luverly, mine are the MK1 l believe, the bass port is front.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    ....no l believe it ran along side Mercury models
    This has been churning around in my mind for days now!
    However, I'm pretty certain that you're correct - the M20 was from a partially overlapping range that ran concurrently with the Planets range.

There was an M20 in a vinyl skin and an M20 Gold in a real tree flavour. They had a black coloured ring on the tweeter faceplates and the woofers were translucent.

The Mercury 2's and S's had tweeters with ribbed faceplates and a black coloured bass driver

Found some dates on the w's:
    M20 - 1984-86
    M20 Gold - 1986-89

Mercury - 1982-86
    Mercury Mk II - 1986-88

.........but I could be wrong too!
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 06-11-2012 at 00:22.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    This has been churning around in my mind for days now!
    However, I'm pretty certain that you're correct - the M20 was from a partially overlapping range that ran concurrently with the Planets range.

There was an M20 in a vinyl skin and an M20 Gold in a real tree flavour. They had a black coloured ring on the tweeter faceplates and the woofers were translucent.

The Mercury 2's and S's had tweeters with ribbed faceplates and a black coloured bass driver

Found some dates on the w's:
    M20 - 1984-86
    M20 Gold - 1986-89

Mercury - 1982-86
    Mercury Mk II - 1986-88

.........but I could be wrong too!

Thanks Chris, could not find too much about them on the web.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12