+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RB303 Upgrade

I'm Carlton.

Default RB303 Upgrade

Hi everyone.

I am fancying upgrading the arm on my Thorens 321 deck to the Rega 303. It is currently an old Linn LVX model with detachable head.

I have sourced a company that can supply a new arm board for my specific deck, so that seems to be covered.

What I need to know is... Does the arm come supplied with any kind of template for mounting the arm and instructions? I believe it's a 3 point fix around the central bearing housing...

Also could anyone point me in the right direction for any literature that would be useful, as this will be the first time I have taken on this kind of upgrade. While I am fairly confident in my woodworking skills and getting my head around geometry problems, I do lack experience and "know how"

Thanks in advance.

Carlton...

I'm Dave.

The Rega arms come with a mounting template and alignment protractor. All you need is a little DIY skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Tested View Post
    Hi everyone.

I am fancying upgrading the arm on my Thorens 321 deck to the Rega 303. It is currently an old Linn LVX model with detachable head.

I have sourced a company that can supply a new arm board for my specific deck, so that seems to be covered.

What I need to know is... Does the arm come supplied with any kind of template for mounting the arm and instructions? I believe it's a 3 point fix around the central bearing housing...

Also could anyone point me in the right direction for any literature that would be useful, as this will be the first time I have taken on this kind of upgrade. While I am fairly confident in my woodworking skills and getting my head around geometry problems, I do lack experience and "know how"

Thanks in advance.

Carlton...

I'm Neil.

Why not try the new Helius Scorpio 4 it is Linn mount.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Carlton.

Thanks Dave for the heads up on what comes with the package.... and thanks Neil for the alternative you mention. I have chosen the Rega for two reasons... I had the opportunity to listen to my deck with the RB300 fitted and similar MC cartridge to mine (Ortofon MC20) and really likes the results although that was many years ago, although from what I have read the RB303 is not that different. Also.. I am looking forward to a bit of a project. Kind of a first step into maybe making a TT from scratch one day...

Thanks for your help...

I'm Dave.

Just PM me if you need one and/or want any help with fitting.

I'm John.

rb202 is a dam good buy atm as well

i have the mount template scanned if u want a copy just PM m8ty

bw
    j7
    https://j7rewires.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out J7 Rewires

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557054222982

+ Reply to Thread