+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tannoy Monitor Gold crossovers

I'm Josie.

HifiCollective, Geoff.

That's where I always buy from.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    HifiCollective, Geoff.

That's where I always buy from.
    Cheers. I'll have a look.

I have a pair of Ascots and I'm planning to turn the drivers and crossovers into 2558 spec as per SRM 10B. No harm in updating/upgrading components while doing this.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just had a look. The price of Audio Note sliver foil caps is 'interesting', to say the least!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

lol... it gets you thinking doesn't it.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Paul.

lol... it gets you thinking doesn't it.
    Only that there's 1,000,000 better ways to spend your money

I'm Josie.

lol... yep... but Oooh... eets for ze love of eeet!

I have often wondered about buying all sorts from there, but ended up going on LP's lol

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Paul.

lol... yep... but Oooh... eets for ze love of eeet!

I have often wondered about buying all sorts from there, but ended up going on LP's lol
    Had this conversation so many times with so many people, and putting money into music is usually a far better use. Recently, I was looking at component performance in detail wrt one of my phonostages. I discovered that by changing the values of a couple of 20p resistors and reducing cable length to get capacitance down, it counted for way more than any megabucks capacitors. Total outlay, 40p and a bit of time. Effects on performance have a far more dramatic effect by ensuring correct cartridge loading than wasted on silly money capacitors elsewhere, in parts of the system where they just wont make that much difference. I believe in using reasonable quality parts, but also at looking where they are, what it is they are doing and what effect that can have or not on the signal. In almost all cases, what is audible is measurable also, and more often than not, audible changes point to a change in value of something rather than in how much it cost.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    In almost all cases, what is audible is measurable also, and more often than not, audible changes point to a change in value of something rather than in how much it cost.
    Careful now we don't want to veer too close to reality
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456