+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ow, that really hurts...

I'm Lenny.

Feeling better today. Mainly the left side is screaming. I'm going to try to get through without any painkillers today... and maybe go for a bike ride.
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    Study: NAD 302, Homebuilt PC, Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

Future upgrades:IPL M1TLM transmission line speakers

I'm Stephen.

Hi Lenny,

Have you tried "Ibuprofen Gel"?

Twenty-odd years ago I had an operation to have discs out - not something I would wish on any one. My back is buggered now and often have bother with it. Having a manual job doesn't help when you have to flog your wick out all day.

Anyway, I never bother with painkillers as you just get immune to them. When the pain is really severe though I've found the gel really effective, more-so than a brand of expensive painkillers regularly seen on tv specifically for backpain.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.

I'm Lenny.

Tried it, but it hasn't worked.

The pain did get too much this afternoon, so I took a couple of dicloflex. They didn't work either. Long hot bath has helped a little.

I find the muscle warming rubs most effective, though only for short periods. I guess I'll just have to tolerate it for a while longer...
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

I'm Tom.

I have the dreaded Sciatica too and it's no fun at all. Taking painkiller tablets provides only a small amount of temporary relief so I don't bother taking them.

I may have found something that so far has lessened and reduced the intensity of the pain and that is Magnesium tablets. Supposed to be good for cramps and nerve problems so have been taking one 500mg tablet every other day for just over a week and they SEEM to be working

I'm Geoff.

You poor bunch of lads.

My sympathy genuinely goes out to you, as I have aquaintances with terrible back trouble and I know what they've been through. Both very tall chaps as it happens, seems many tall people have back trouble.

Fortunately, I seem to have avoided it myself, but I'm a shortarse. Did break my neck though, doing judo about thirty years ago. It wasn't that painful strangely.

I'm Lenny.

Diclofenac... didn't work. But it certainly loosened my stools, and I passed a fair amount of blood. Urine looked like Coke and was just as frothy.

Nice.

This is a serious side effect, and I'm supposed to contact the GP immediately. Chance would be a fine thing... earliest appointment I can get without having to miss any work (not easy when you're a teacher) is Friday.

I'm sure I'll get used to the pain...
    Lenny

I'm Mark.

Swimming works for me when my back goes.
    Mark

I'm Andy.

Diclofenac is as good as not worth taking- dunno why they still sell it to be honest, l do not know of anybody who has taken it and said that it works. (That includes myself too).
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    Swimming works for me when my back goes.
    I can't swim! But I have found that riding my bike works a treat. If I weren't in such discomfort now, I would consider going for a ride.
    Lenny

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

See if you can scrounge some Ketoprofen from your quack, that may well help. I think I was prescribed it for nerve pain when I got an infected socket when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

Now I can tell you that I have never, ever known pain like that! I had to go to the hospital as I couldn't sleep, they gave me some ridiculously strong sleepers. Got about two hours sleep & was back there begging for anything to kill the pain, I was near to violence & that's not like me at all

In the end a doctor gave me a long acting local anesthetic straight into the socket...

Ah, instant relief...

Try Ketoprofen if your doc will prescribe it, it may work
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast