+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ow, that really hurts...

I'm Lenny.

Default Ow, that really hurts...

Sciatica.

I've been suffering with it for the past couple of days, and it's getting worse. None of the painkillers I have is working. Ibuprofen (400mg), Paramol, some bastardly long-named drug...

I can barely stand.

And to top it all, there's blood in my urine (a side effect of ibuprofen).

The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm riding my bike; but I can't swing my leg over the crossbar without a sudden and intense flare of agony.

Someone please tell me something to make me smile.

OuuuUUUUCH!

Lenny
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    Study: NAD 302, Homebuilt PC, Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

Future upgrades:IPL M1TLM transmission line speakers

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nad View Post

Someone please tell me something to make me smile.

OK then - What's the difference between a penis & a bonus?

I'm ChrisB.

You can always rely on your wife blowing your bonus.

I'm Lenny.

Yes, I'm laughing, chaps; but that hurts, too.

Can't even get any time off work. Modern thought is that if you have a bad back, you have to keep moving.
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

I'm ChrisB.

Sorry Len, didn't mean to make it worse!

I'm Andy.

Go to your GP and get some Tramadol.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm David.

Naproxen works for my back problems, and is in fact the only thing they have ever given me that does ... Works a lot better than ibuprofen as far as anti-inflammatory drugs go. It's my experience that most pain killers do sod all for back and back related pain
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Lenny.

Can't get to the GP for a while... not open on Saturday, online appointment system not working, so would have to wait until Monday to make appointment. Have to love the NHS - always there when you need it. (And that's not a jibe at the hard working nurses and doctors, but the 'system'...)

Laughter, the best medicine... my arse!

I'm going to listen to some soothing music. That might help.

---

Naproxen works by blocking a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase (also known as COX) which is involved in the production of certain irritant chemicals in response to injury or disease. By blocking the action of COX, naproxen reduces the symptoms of pain and inflammation.

Sorry, but I do not want my COX blocked. ;-)
    Lenny

I'm Andrew.

right i'm more than qualified to talk about NSAIDS considering the amount of surgery we do from my clinic. Most COX inhibitors and COX II are bad for your heart so if you have a poorly ticker stop bloody taking them! Secondly they also stop production of stomach mucous which protects your stomach lining from the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. If you have ulcers be VERY careful as you can also develop a Adinocarcinoma (WHICH 85% OF PEOPLE DIE FROM 5 YEARS INTO DIAGNOSIS). Sorry for the scare mongering. If I were you see an osteopath.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    If I were you see an osteopath.
    Ah, now there IS one of those just around the corner from my place of work. I could shuffle in to see them...

Thanks for the advice.
    Lenny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast