Quote Originally Posted by nat8808 View Post
Good luck! Nothing like a deadline to sharpen the mind, but weaken the heart.
Hi Nat: "Weaken the heart?" You got that right.
Fuming with the sheer stupidity of some of the things people say (and try to put it on you)...till you point out where it all came from!

Hi people.

Despite further last minute additions (why do they do this?) Dealine met.
These additions mean other things will be running behind; things are starting to buzz.

OK. Let's move on.

RE Anni: Will PM for more info if needed, but quickly, this was developmental at the end of the run of Anni and after I'd left PT (1998)

Story: Anni: Flagship design.
So why did it stop? Well, the performance might be rather good but the sales were, how to put it politely? Questionable?
And no good reason was forthcoming.
None, that is, till a certain Penta, when Tarantella was launched and I was talking to someone who walked straight past our room, ignoring us...but they returned.
"I have a so-and-so"
"Uh huh. Have you heard the Anni?"
"Oh yes!"
"What did you think of it?"
"Easily the best deck I've ever heard!"
"!"
"Er...Why did you buy your current deck then"
"Because I wanted a visual statement and Anni is not that"

Once the current batch was made and sold, Anni was killed off there and then.
Since then it has become one of the few products that on Ebay has on more than one occasion sold for 2-3 times it rrp.

Life is strange.

The Little Super Deck.

Is F5 F.X'd?

Sorry, not at that price. What I will say is that it is already over budget but it's price is staying at £550 for a while yet.
It has been designed to satisfy a very particular set of design objectives and has met those, which leads us to the vexed, very vexed, question of that (Intruiging? Obvious? Seen-it, Worn-the-tee-shirt) headshell.

Now, where I'm coming from is simple: To date, I have said nothing about it. It's "just" a headshell - isn't it?
Yet, I was puzzled that anyone would waste any energy pointing it out. So it has a slot. (Then again, FXR had a variant on slot mounting. Why didn't anyone go for that? There are things that others do that to my mind are more newsworthy.)

No matter.
F5 is the first of Funk's new range of arms with a slotted headshell (which adjusts overhang - OK yawn)
But it also incorporates azimuth at the same time.

NOW, feel free to comment if it's been done before etc. (Did anyone say Dansette?);-)

Hope that's started to clear things up.