+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall-mounting my hi-fi

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Putting a few washers behind the metal work does not compromise the wall shelf...
    In that case I'll give it a try. Thanks

I guess using one bit at a time is okay but both your TT and CDP need to be level. If the bottom shelf can't be leveled then you will miss out on getting that extra few percent from your CDP...leveling makes a difference on CDP too.
    As I think I mentioned above, my plan was to try and do this myself by the addition of spikes. If I can source some that will screw into the wooden plinth (with the pointy end downwards, resting on the turntable support) I can level it by varying how much I screw each one in. Thanks for reminding me though because I haven't actually sourced these yet.

Simon.

I'm Simon.

Well, the end of February came and I had a little more money left over at the end of the month than I anticipated so I decided to buy 2 individual shelves rather than 1 double shelf. I settled on the Pro-ject WM1. Unfortunately it turns out they aren't made any more
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

I'm Simon.

Wahoo! I managed to get one ex-demo from a hi-fi shop for 35ukp (including postage)! And it's in great condition!

Now I just need to find another
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.

I'm Neil.

Default Well done

Sorry I didn't know it had been discontinued. Pro-ject do a couple of wall shelves, as do Custom Design. However if you fancy you could look at Pro-jects dealer list...you will find this on Henley's website. E-mail them and see if anyone has one. Well done on getting your first though. The hunt is on....

Regards D S D L---Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

Well done on getting your first though. The hunt is on....
    I've got my second one! Henley Designs were extremely helpful and were able to give me the names of the 2 dealers to which they had most recently sent more than one shelf. I then phoned them both up and bingo! The second shelf will be here tomorrow or Monday!

Simon.

I'm Neil.

Default Brilliant...

Excellent news Simon ....I always found Henley to be very helpful.

Regards D S D L---Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

It's all on the wall now! I can now get to the filing cabinet without giving myself a hernia or putting my back out

Not such good news is that for some reason the cassette deck died and has a tape stuck in it that it won't eject It obviously didn't like being moved. Still, there's another tape deck in the attic somewhere. Alternatively, that leaves space for an external DAC .... Hmmmmm.

I'm Neil.

Hi Simon

.....But does it sound better ?

Regards D S D L---Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

.....But does it sound better ?
    I'm not sure at the moment. I certainly haven't notice any degradation in quality.

It looks nice

Si.

I'm Simon.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhh!

My other tape deck is dead too. They're both Awia decks and they're both belt drive so I suspect the belts have perished or stretched

Simon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast