+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some DIY home builds

Default Some DIY home builds

Here is my naim 323 based phono stage

Here is my Avondale NCC200 mono blocks, the power supply is rated at 1000VA and delivers 14 amps of reserve current, it kicks ass !!

And finally for now my NAP250, using Naim NAP250 power supply/Reg boards and Avondale amp modules.

Hope you like

Paul
    Last edited by Beechwoods; 12-02-2009 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I can embed your pics if you like, so folks don't have to click through to Photobucket...
    Whatever floats thee boat Nick, yeah goooooo on, just looked at your gorgeous collection of tapes, where in the hell did you find them, they are truly superb, see you are a Byrds fan ?? I have their Legacy 4 Collection on CD, love em, but then I was there at the time, or was I

Paul

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsestudio View Post
    just looked at your gorgeous collection of tapes, where in the hell did you find them, they are truly superb, see you are a Byrds fan ??
    Thank you! Most of them are off eBay, from the States, some from sellers on GEMM and a few from Blighty. I love old pre-rec tapes! And I love The Byrds, especially from 'Younger Than Yesterday' onwards. Clarence White was a genius guitarist (he joined / played with them from 'Sweetheart') and Chris Hillman is a great songwriter, bassist, mandolin player...

The Legacy set - Just A Season? - is great! Especially the live stuff. The Byrds were fantastic live. I never saw them at the time, far too young, but from the recordings they kicked country rock ass. Which is a good thing
    Last edited by Beechwoods; 12-02-2009 at 23:43.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Turn!Turn!Turn! & My Back Pages are my all time faves of the Byrds, long summer days, women and free and easy, oh to be a teen again, but not in todays society thank you.

I'm Nick.

My Back Pages... I've been known to play that back to back obsessively at times The drums are just so good. I know it's a Dylan number, but Dylan played by the Byrds is better than Dylan played by Dylan His words and their arrangements and playing is real musical synergy. 'Renaissance Fair', 'Time Between', 'Willin' (bonus track off the 'Untitled' reissue) are probably my top 3 studio cuts. I must admit to listening to The Byrds pretty much daily. Though I don't like to bore people with my obsessive behaviour
    Last edited by Beechwoods; 12-02-2009 at 23:54.
    Nick
    My system...

We are like conjoined twins Nick hey thank you so much for bedding my images, only been here for 5 minutes and he has already waved his willy at me and bedded my baby's
    thanx really appreciated, unable to do this on the other forum, something fishy going on there
    Paul
    Last edited by pulsestudio; 13-02-2009 at 00:01.

I'm Nick.

I'm glad you're feeling cared for Paul, we aim to please

Now where's my maid's outfit
    Nick
    My system...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Bloody 'ell, there's a whole lot of lovin' going on.....

Paul, I wish we lived nearer. I'd love to have a go at building my own amp, but need to have a fellow tweaker standing over my shoulder watching while I burn my fingers.....

Great pics by the way and the case for the NCC200 jobbie looks cool as well.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Hi Dave, hey a known forumite, recieved your mail today, cheers mate.

Yes there are some members on this forum that share my passion for old analogue gear, "bruvva lee luv" is not a bad thing
    The cases used for both the NCC200 and NAP250 builds were supplied by Les of Avondale Audio, they are very substantial cases and great for DIY builds, if a little expensive.

I thought you were already doing your own DIY fixes and mods, well that is what you have led me to believe it is not that difficult to put together an amp, dexterity and patience being the main requisite.

Paul

I'm InSpace.

Ah!.... I was going to ask where you source your cases. They're always a PITA.

Nice work!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast