+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony tablet pulled from shelves.

I'm colin.

Default Sony tablet pulled from shelves.

The sony xperia s tablet has been found not to be water resistant as Sony have advertised and sales have been suspended.
    Good grief what has gone wrong with this once mighty company.
    Akio Morita will be spinning in his grave.
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Lenny.

I have been beta testing something for Sony recently. What has gone wrong is that the company is now run by marketing men, not by customer care.

We picked up scores of bugs. We told Sony the product wasn't ready. We told them what was needed.

The response... silence. Not a word from the developers.

The upshot... a product released prematurely. A product with an OLDER and less stable build of the software. A product that NOBODY can use as advertised.

It's a sad fact that marketing now runs the world, not innovation, attention to detail, and a desire to please the customer.

I have a Sony television with Freeview HD that Sony built in such a way that it is not compatible with the Freeview specification, and Sony will not release a firmware update for it.

The BluRay player is buggy and will crash if I turn it on and press Eject before the 'Please Wait' sign stops flashing (about 30 seconds). Again no firmware updates to fix it.

I no longer buy anything Sony.
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    Study: NAD 302, Homebuilt PC, Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

Future upgrades:IPL M1TLM transmission line speakers

I'm colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nad View Post
    I have been beta testing something for Sony recently. What has gone wrong is that the company is now run by marketing men, not by customer care.

We picked up scores of bugs. We told Sony the product wasn't ready. We told them what was needed.

The response... silence. Not a word from the developers.

The upshot... a product released prematurely. A product with an OLDER and less stable build of the software. A product that NOBODY can use as advertised.

It's a sad fact that marketing now runs the world, not innovation, attention to detail, and a desire to please the customer.

I have a Sony television with Freeview HD that Sony built in such a way that it is not compatible with the Freeview specification, and Sony will not release a firmware update for it.

The BluRay player is buggy and will crash if I turn it on and press Eject before the 'Please Wait' sign stops flashing (about 30 seconds). Again no firmware updates to fix it.

I no longer buy anything Sony.
    Wow. That puts things in perspective. I use to be a sony fanboy. Two years ago i bought a sony walkman which i thought was better than the apple nano.
    It had a iplayer app which worked amazingly well and the audio was very good. They brought out the update version a year later that had no iplayer app and was larger and poorer quality.
    None of the recent sony products sync perfectly with the playstation 3 which should be the flagship media center which instead looks like an interesting prototype. They are going the same way as Logitech. Down the drain.
    Ive had enough and gone the Apple route. R.I.P Sony. You were once lots of fun.
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Patrick.

Don't worry, Apple will go the same way now that Jobs is dead.

Apple Maps anyone?

I'm fuckoff.

Yes, I read that Apple have employed the tw8t that was responsible for Dixons/Currys "customer service" (note the quote marks for posterity there please).

So his idea is that there should be more emphasis based on maximising profit on the shop floor as opposed to providing A1 customer service; he's cutting the number of staff and the time spent training them on their products.

Do people not realise that's actually how you achieve profit? Desirable products with firendly and profiessional customer service.

Goin directly after cost cutting/profit drives the wrong behaviours!

I've never bought an Apple product and never will, but it'll be interesting to see if the giant can survive the poison from within.

+ Reply to Thread