+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oxford has landed on TAoS

Default Oxford has landed on TAoS

Hi All, some of you may already know me from a n other popular forum, I am registered with just one other hi-fi forum.
    OK so why am I here, hmmmmm well to hopefully share some of my many years experience of the Hi-Fi market place, an ex IMF Electronics employee in the late 70's, and Harman Audio (Tascam, JBL etc ) in the mid 80's, and a keen DIY/Bodger since conception, I have both electronics knowlegde and many years experience of both ends of the music industry, currently employed at the front end, pro-audio studio equipment.
    I had a home based recording studio up until a year or so ago, not enough time to devote to it so it lies in boxes in the vocal booth, I have vast experience in old skool analogue technology, vintage synths, vintage mics, tape machines, etc, I am a keen guitar valve amp collector and restorer, and currently own around 16 vintage guitar amps from a 1964 Vox AC30 to 1983 Marshall JCM800 combo, I paly guitar and can get my way around a keyboard.

I have built many Hi-Fi amps, speakers, TT's, pre-amps, power supplies, etc, etc over the years and still have a keen interest in mods and the like.
    Do I indicate here what my current systems are, or should this be posted elsewhere??

Anyway I hope to become an active member of this forum, it has raised its head on several occassions when I have Google'd for info on certain older product info, so maybe I can learn some secrets here too from the established members on this site.

Paul
    Last edited by pulsestudio; 12-02-2009 at 12:17.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Paul,

A very warm welcome to AOS

It'll certainly be an asset having someone of your considerable knowledge and experience to contribute to discussions, so please don't hesitate - get stuck in!

What's your system at the moment and do you have some pics of any of your creations which you could post in our Gallery?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Hello and welcome to The Art of Sound!

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Default Thanx guys for the welcome

I have just finished building a few Hi-Fi projects, 2x power amps based around Naim NAP250 and an Avondale NCC200, I have also built an MC phono stage, twin LP12 power supply switchable Geddon and Valhalla, bookshelf speakers based around Kef B110 and T27 ala Kef Ref 101, at present swapping out all the electroltics on my Albarry DMP1 pre-amp, and building another amp based around the Albarry M-408 mono blocks.
    I will post some pics of the finished projects later tonight.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsestudio View Post
    old skool analogue technology, vintage synths, vintage mics, tape machines, etc
    Yum! Welcome to AOS. I'll be interested to read your thoughts about the older kit Glad you decided to join!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Default Reel Man, nice !!!

I have a few R 2 R's too, Akai GX635D mint, Tascam 34 in need of a service but otherwise mint, Tandberg Series 64X mint, full of Telefunken tubes, and my prized possession Technics RS1500 also mint, I have owned a fair number of vintage analogue synths too, only one remaining is a Sequential Circuits Pro One, but have had Moogs, ARP's, Oberheims, Roland, Korg etc, etc, still have a Waldorf Pulse, Waldorf Q and Access Virus.

I am currently uploading some pics of my completed projects into PhotoBucket so maybe tomorrow night before they appear, how do I list my current systems at the foot of the post like all else appear to do, can anyone please advise the newbie
    cheers
    paul

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Paul,

It's on the 'Edit Signature' bit of your profile

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsestudio View Post
    I have a few R 2 R's too
    Jeez, at this rate my set of reel players is going to be the poor relation, considering yours and Lodgesounds' collections I'll need to edit my title to 'Reel Boy' if I'm not careful Can't wait to see some pictures, Paul.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Nick and to think I was just reading a post you made earleir suggesting, and I quote:
    and there's no willy waving here too bloody cold to even find it in this weather let alone wave the damn thing I never ever want to be seen as a willy waver I enjoy my hobby of collecting vinatge gear of all musical genres, and refurbishing them is all a great part of the enjoyment, pucked up a 1983 Marshall JCM800 combo at the AudioJumble fair in Tonbridge on sunday, and that is a Hi-Fi fair, it is bloody amazing what you find in the most unexected places

Oh here ya go Nick, just for you for now

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=STA60033.jpg

n-joy

Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast