+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Which 5 albums have you played the most?

I'm Martin.

Someone else who likes 'Floodland'!

I thought it was just me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    In my youth my collection was a lot smaller so I suppose ccertain records got hammered then wheras now the rotation is huge by comparison. So given most miles clocked up in my twenties I would say:

Led Zeppelin - IV
    Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
    ZZ Top - Eliminator
    The Eagles - Hotel California
    The Stone Roses - S/T
    Just looked back to see what I picked. I'm listening to Hotel California now and I was planning on listening to Eliminator next.

Ah, plus ca change.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Deleted.

I’ve got all the Sisters vinyl they did .

———————-

Back in the day I also played Hawklords - ‘25 years on’ to death - I liked music with a ‘speedy’ edge if you know what I mean.

Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I’ve got all the Sisters vinyl they did .
    I've got the first one, whatever that's called, Floodland and Vision Thing, all on vinyl. I didn't realise there was anything else?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

It doesn't look like I posted on this thread first time around. Excluding classical, which is what I mostly listen to these days, I'd say, in no particular order:

Rolling Stones: Exile on Main Street

Iggy & The Stooges: Raw Power

The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground (3rd album)

David Bowie: Station to Station

Half Man Half Biscuit: This Leaden Pall

I'm Mike.

Absolutely not ”just you”!

I'm Martin.

Impossible to answer really based on the fact I have never wanted to limit myself and am always on a casual search for something new and inspiring.

I wouldnt want to say five albums because it doesnt sum up my love of music from choral, classical to you name it

My seminal shelf includes Joy Division The Fall and The Smiths but thats not to say I havent owned or listened to many of the albums you have all listed. I just need to know that shelf is there as my reference point for something really special.

I tend to play enjoy and move on. Even artists get bored of their own records and develop over a career. I have around 500 albums to get through plus countless tracks on my computer. Too much good music about to define myself in five albums

On a play count its probably The Muppet Album and Showaddywaddy when I was a nipper
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 31-05-2018 at 16:20.

I'm Deleted.

Martin, your description of your listening habits resonates strongly with me. Like you I listen to a lot of new music and this is what primarily interests me. A number of the albums I listed in my ‘most listened to’ I actually haven’t listened to in years (though there was a time when I listened to them often).
    Account Deleted

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

My seminal shelf includes Joy Division The Fall and The Smiths
    Defines you a little bit I think.

I mean I know what you are saying, but the question is what you've played the most not your favourite 5.

It's all ridiculous anyway. I like Joni Mitchell and I like Wu Tang Clan and there is a lot of ground in between them.

Plus I have some records which are so sacred I don't like to play them too much. Hendrix for example. Axis Bold As Love - I never want to ruin that record for myself by listening to it too much. You've got to portion out the best stuff sparingly.

As regards Joy Division, 'Unknow Pleasures' is up there with 'Axis: Bold As Love' with records I'd play to aliens to convince them they should not destroy us. If I only got to play one it would be Axis though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Andreas.

This lit a big smile thinking back.

Winner has to be The Offspring - Americana. No idea how I could afford it at like 8 years old but I blasted it every day for years and carried it around on my walkman.

Metallica - S&M is probably the second most played by virtue of being one of maybe three albums owned and finding its way onto my very first mp3 player. I think it was a 64kbps rip on some weird memory card thing that I could plug into my phone. About 4-5 songs fit so I had to keep changing them.

Dream Theater - Images and Words.

Opeth - Ghost Reveries.

Aqua - Aquarium haha, it just has to be top five.

I'm 99% sure those have to be the top 5 in my life. With Images and Words and Ghost Reveries being the ones after the listening rotation opened up due to having some more pocket change and a non time restricted internet connection.
    Allo Digione (w S-Booster)-> Rega DAC -> Rega Elex-R -> Harbeth P3ESR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast