+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Software media players tricks and tips

If you are using a laptop, try it on battery with the external power supply disconnected from the laptop. Then try it with the power supply connected and powering the laptop. I can detect a difference, and can even see the difference in the noise output from the USB socket on a scope. I should take some pics to show that last bit.

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    If you are using a laptop, try it on battery with the external power supply disconnected from the laptop. Then try it with the power supply connected and powering the laptop. I can detect a difference, and can even see the difference in the noise output from the USB socket on a scope. I should take some pics to show that last bit.
    I sometimes think the top end improves slightly with battery power, but tbh, I doubt I could tell the difference if I were to do a blind test.

I'm andrew.

I have tried this many times with my MBP sitting on my lap, listening via high quality cans/Mojo dac/amp detach mains lead replace mains lead no difference in SQ at all.
    I expected to hear some difference but there was none, goes to prove what may be measurable does not always translate into what you can hear.
    Andy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456