+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha CDX-710 changing Laser Module Help Needed

I'm Paul.

Default Yamaha CDX-710 changing Laser Module Help Needed

Hi all

I have a Yamaha CDX-710 CD player that is starting to struggle playing any CD that has minor surface blemishes CD's that play fine in my old Pioneer Play so suspect the Laser is on its way out, I can get a replacement Laser but wondered how easy it is to change, is it just a case of swapping the module or does it also need extensive test equipment to set it up once installed, I know many Yamaha modules are just plug and play but what about the CDX-710, anyone done one, whats involved.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Grant.

Could check on you tube. There are often walkthoughs for things like this
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Thanks for the reply

I did check Youtube and although there where a few there was nothing for this model or this type of laser unit.

I did download the service sheet but that shows tests done with scopes etc but is not clear if that is for setups and calibration or testing performance for fault diagnosis.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Grant.

Ok, it was just in case you hadnt thought of it. I saw one for my denon that looked complex but wasnt as bad as i initially thought. I was still slightly surprised it worked first time
    If laser isnt too expensive then maybe worth a go. Make sure you earth yourself re static, although most modern chips are ok with it now its worth doing it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

The new laser module is about £20 but I can only find them in america so shipping would add another £15 so £35 plus any import duties which is putting it on the cusp of being worthwhile doing, but worthwhile if its a DIY doable job

Paul

I'm Grant.

Not bad price, and im just guessing but it will likely just be a fiddly job of removing plugs and getting the old unit off the rails and new one on. Worth studying it for a while to check if there is a right rail to remove. Some prefer you to only take one rail off and you can remove laser without taking the other out, as it can be the one that zwould need adjusting. Mine was like that, although i actually ended up taking both off, by accident. I expected it not to work but it did ...
    if the unit is basically us and not worth spending a £100 on, then its worth the risk if you feel up to it. You might need a soldering iron to remove the earthing link they often come with so unit doesnt get damaged by static on route.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread