+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: AlfaGTV's den

I'm Mike.

Default A little update

Well, i have found a suspect for the part of acting Power amp in my system.
    I have been using a couple of InterM R500Plus amps to great effect, they are truly amazing for their cost.
    But now my local dealer had something exciting on his hands and and the price was reasonable.
    So i asked politely for a loan and it looks very much like it's staying:

Karan KAS 180 Power amplifier

Sorry, no full pics at the moment...

It is, as usual, fed signal from my pre/streamer/dac:

Bladelius Embla DL Classic

or possibly from this (at the moment)

Michell TecnoDec with RB250/Technoweight and a Benz Micro Glider L2

To my ears the Karan plays Music in the most convincible way i have Heard in my system. I still kept what i liked about the InterM's, a powerful punch in the lower mid/bass section with great dynamic headroom. The Karan does play voices and top in the most silky smooth way you can imagine, without ever masking detail. It didnt change the tonal character of my whole system, just let the Hifi shine through, depth, soundstage, microdynamics etc.

Some call the Karan sound Tube-like, but im not sure i would agree fully. Maybe in the very smooth mids och voice registers, but tha bass is way better than i have Heard from tubes in my home. (TBH that is not so very many)

Looks like we have a Winner!

I'm andy.

You're onto a winner indeed Mike, that L'il TT2 is the best i've clapped eyes on and lovely Tecno deck too,the new addition Karan looks the biz,
    any chance of a full frontal of the whole system, if anything to go by, like all our Scandic friend's systems, it'll be special.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mike.

Default View from sweetspot

Sorry 'bout the mess, but my "mobile absorber" has a tendency to make sure dust is evenly spread all over!

The white panels are Vicoustic, mounted on distances so they're about 2" from the wall, hung by a steel wire. They ease the the room quite noticably.
    Of course the vinyl also make's an acoustic difference, so in total i'm quite pleased with the acoustics and enjoy my music a lot!

My "Mobile absorber" with unknown bitch (The furry one's mine...
    I mean, the one with four legs.. )

I'm andy.

Mike,

Explain 'bout the mess, what mess?,
    all i see is everything uniformly placed in a clean, precise ordered manner like only true northerners do it.

Errr...define 'unknown bitch', do they spring up among Artic Orchids and run ''wild and free''?,
    if so consider my Holiday booked for your part of the woods, hate to see talent going to waste.
    oh lovely beemers at the back BTW.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post

What a room! Luv it.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Mike.

Thanks guys!

The room was messy, more so than what was apparent from the piccie! But i assume thats what a decent photographer does, i mean conceal the blemishes

The aforementioned 'unknown bitch' was taken by the charm of my wonderful furry friend (thats my dog ) at a nice Beemer Meet a couple of years ago. Have some piccies and my ride at the time can be seen here

Regards Mike
    Last edited by AlfaGTV; 05-05-2013 at 08:25.

I'm Shane.

Aha! You can solve a mystery for me. What is the significance of "Bitte ein bit"? There's a bloke in our village who has that sticker on all his cars and I've been wondering for years what it's about!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Mike.

Hehe Shane, you're not the first to question that sticker! I am not certain, but the slogan is for a beer making company, making a very nice lager called Bitburger. Why this has found it's way to a lot of cars and other areas i dont know! The slogan is very well known in Germany, that i know!

Best regard /Mike

I'm Mika.

I've heard that one also when traveling the german side of the alps. I undertood that the slogan was originally a commercial for that one special brewery but later it has established more common meaning "One beer please"..

Very nice room you have there neverthless! Do you have any acoustic treatment there or just plain standard furniture.. ?
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mike.

Thank you Mika!

The only treatment are these Vicoustic panels, besides ordinary furnitureand textile.

My better half did go ahead and get some nice fullsize curtains that also helped calm the room down! Had some friends over this afternoon and they all liked both the hifi, the sounds it made and the acoustics

Very pleased now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast