+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: AlfaGTV's den

I'm Mike.

Thank you Marco! Appreciated!

//Mike

I'm Mike.

Default AlfaGTV's den

Really doesn't matter what kind of competition this beauty gets, i still like it the best!

Have had a lot of different turntables up and running lately, but connecting the ol' Heybrook TT2 with its Audio Origami RB 250 is like coming home! As i write this im looking forward to exchanging the pickup to a Benz Micro Wood SL... Oh, i bought that one with a Michell TecnoDec! Looking very much forward to trying that one too!

I have sold some equipment also, the Bladelius Balder power amp has been replaced by two InterM R500 Plus in bridged mode @ 500w per channel AND good sound!
    Listening to a lot of music at the moment and enjoying it immensely!

//Mike

I'm Mike.

Default AlfaGTV's den

The competition has arrived! Just assembled, really impressed! Excellent engineering, from an initial point of view!
    Only settling down at the moment, so the 2M Red in a Black body will do, likewise with the horroble Rega counterweight and stub...
    Already it plays clean, neutral and with good drive and pace! Seems quite dynamic also...

I'm Mike.

Default AlfaGTV's den

The TechnoDec still sounds very good, and it now has got the 2M Black tracing the grooves! Only problem is that the pickup i bought with the deck is now playing on the Heybrook TT2, a not yet broken in Benz Micro Wood SL.
    Lets just say, that i prefer the sound of the Wood over my good friends Miyajima Shilabe...

I would like to think that my collection of carts have showed how good vinyl replay can sound, but this one is in a class of it's own.
    I mean, how big a difference can it be between the Benz Ace SL, Glider L2 and now, the Wood SL? Well, i now have the answer...

Pictures coming up!

I'm Mike.

Ok, now the TecnoDec is coming on song! TechnoWeight polished and installed (Thx Myles!), Benz Micro Glider L2 in place...

To be quite honest, this one plays music really well, cant say that it sounds better or worse than the Heybrook, just different...
    And, as most people agree, the engineering and finish on the Michells is second to none.

And, it looks good to me!

Spinning The Joshua Tree at this moment!

/Mike

I'm MYLES.

Looking very nice indeed Mike.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You take wonderful pictures, Mike!

No matter what the Heybrook sounds like (and I'm sure that it sounds good), it is a seriously gorgeous looking T/T. I love it's 'clean' and simple lines:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Default AlfaGTV's den

Thx Marco! I know the Heybrook is not your "cuppa tea", but it sure is good looking!
    To me, it sounds really really good, especially for the money it commands.

Thanks again and i wish you all a nice weekend!

I'm Mike.

Thx Myles! Today arrived a useful thingy; A Tungsten counterweight for the RB-tonearms.
    A little Autosol polish and then it looks like this!:

First subject, my old Heybrook TT2 with RB-310 and DL-103!
    I'll report in later!

I'm MYLES.

Shiny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast