+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AlfaGTV's den

I'm Mike.

Yup, jason, it was worth the pennies!

I have actually made a a major change in my system as of this weekend. The Marantz products have been p/x:ed for a new frontend, with digital AND analog source switching and of volume control?

The new front end is delivering the sweetest sounds i have ever heard in my environment! Analog, detailed, grainless ,powerful and smooth, all in one package! The dynamics are magnificent and somehow i understand more when people say that digital does sound very differently, from various sources.
    Alright, of course there are differences, i know and hear them too.
    But differences between digital sources are in my world relatively small, when compared to analog source components such as turntables, pickups etc.

So once more a simplification has happened in my setup, the Marantz Pre and Network Player has been replaced by a Bladelius Embla DL Classic.
    This is a file player and DAC that also have an excellent preamp with analog connection possibilites. Files are played from UPnP source or an USB Mass Storage device such as an external hard drive.
    And it does sound absolutely magnificent!

Will post some further info and pics later! Now, back to playing music!

Regards Mike

I'm Mike.

The rack is getting slimmer and slimmer... Now it's almost tidy..

From top to bottom:
    Heybrook TT2 with TPS motor control unit.
    Tom Evans MicroGroove X
    Bladelius Embla DL CLassic
    Bladelius Balder

Not pictured:
    Tellurium Q Blue speaker cables
    and Dali 40SE speakers

/Mike

I'm Mike.

Default A twist in time...

This is what it looks like at the moment. I am fortunate enough to be blessed with both a spacious flat and an understanding better half. That means that even the monstrous Dali 40SE's are welcome!

And there i sit and wonder, over the newly found bass resonances that makes you seasick... Nah, not entirely true, but twisting the room 90° woke some resonances that are hard to tame.

Listening to Yello is out of the question until i get it sorted...

And i finally got around to the idler turntables!

Have still to find out what all the fuzz is about though. Even with new v-block bearings...

//Mike

I'm Josie.

Bloody lovely... What an amazing looking drum... - Very, very nice indeed, Mike!

I had some Dali Helicon 800 MkII's once, lovely speakers but they were too big for my room unfortunately.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Thx Joe!

I actually have a story to tell regarding a pair of Helicons 800's!
    I bought a pair of nice headphones a couple of years back, a pair of Denon AH-D7000.
    When i went to collect them we naturally started talking about musik and hifi and the guy, very proudly, invited me for a quick listen to his Hifi.
    I was seated in sweetspot and the guy played some music on his Denon PMA-2000 and its matching CD/SACD connected to a pair of Helicon 800's
    I was baffled... There was absolutely no top end extension at all?!?!?

Upon examining the connections made, it was easy to see that he had been using his very expensive speakers without the jumpers to the top end terminals connected for almost two years.
    We made some jumpers and he was a happy camper, however a little unused to the full frequency at first. He did give me big thanks and reduced the price on the headphones!

"drum"
    Must be some expression i am unaware of?
    Or you have discovered something in the pics that i am unaware of?

Anyway, thx!
    //Mike
    Last edited by AlfaGTV; 04-12-2012 at 12:00. Reason: anekdote

I'm Peter.

Mike I've sent you a pm.

Stunning photography, excellent!!

As to your audio gear, wOw beautiful, that Heybrook tt is sublime looking, beautiful simple looking. And your Luxman, what can I say.............speechless.

Keep us updated, and more b/w photo's please.

Thank you.
    Last edited by macvisual; 04-12-2012 at 12:00.
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    "drum"
    Must be some expression i am unaware of?
    Or you have discovered something in the pics that i am unaware of?

//Mike
    'Drum' - Cockney slang meaning house or flat. e.g 'The rozzers gave my drum a spin looking for that hookey tom.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Drum' - Cockney slang meaning house or flat. e.g 'The rozzers gave my drum a spin looking for that hookey tom.'
    Shat it you slaaaag! - Thanks ol' chap...

Yes, sorry about the confusion there... lol
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Thank you, gentlemen! I suspected t'was bout the flat, but i couldn't figure it out.
    Every day is an opportunity to learn something new, and you'll never now when the knowledge will come in handy!
    Thx!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Beautiful flat and system, Mike!

I like your taste in decor

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast