+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: AlfaGTV's den

I'm Mike.

Yes! It arrived a few weeks ago and fit perfectly! I was a bit worried i'd have to realign the arm in order to be able to extract/insert the din connector. As Michell owners know, there is not an abundance of space under the tone arm plate.
    But it went fine and only takes a couple of minutes to change the cable.
    The initial impression was very Nordost-ish... Plenty of space, depth, width and clarity. A little skinny though. But after a couple of days the cable had "settled down" in it's new habitat and the sound gained a lot of weight and definition in the lower registers!
    Now, a couple of weeks later i am very pleased with the new cable! The analog front end gained a lot of resolution and a "step in soundscape" along with greatly increased definition and perceived depth in the bass!
    Not cheap but a similar increase in quality as a new cart, a better RIAA etc.
    /Mike

I'm Andy.

Was this with the standard SME right angled DIN plug Mike - l assume you moved the V along on it's sled, then moved it back again to it's original position?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Mike.

No Tarzan, i thought that would be necessary, but some careful handling of the angled DIN allowed the standard to be extracted and the Tyr connector to be inserted, all without disturbing the settings on the arm.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    No Tarzan, i thought that would be necessary, but some careful handling of the angled DIN allowed the standard to be extracted and the Tyr connector to be inserted, all without disturbing the settings on the arm.
    I remember now when l had the Quattro-Fil, it had a chunky Cardas right angled SME plug however it took a couple of minutes to get the angle of the dangle correct without having to reset the arm..... should never have sold that cable - one always thinks the grass is greener on the other side........
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

I'm Mike.

Isn't it? I seem to have the very same condition!

I this case, the black is blacker on the next machine...
    And this beast is truly black!

Karan KA S270 now permanently in my setup.

Which also means that i am now (again) using Bladelius Embla Classic as a pre amp as well as DAC/streamer.
    Not complaining!

I'm Andy.

Any more thoughts on the Tyr Mike- and yes the Karan looks black and big!

I'm Eugenio.

Beautiful system and pictures, congrats!!! :-)
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Warm, cosy and inviting...

Christmas is coming to ~Casa Miguel~:
    What a superb room, Mike - just my kind of thing! Lovely cosy vibe. You Scandinavian dudes [Mika and you] have got great taste in decor

Those windows are stunning...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Big thanks guys!
    The Tyr tone arm cable is well worth the punt as a used item. It really "lifted veils" compared to the original cable. On the other hand some music does not benefit from the increased insight but here i dont feel that any of the musicality/enjoyment becomes lost.

At the moment though, this is the item in focus;

Right now playing with an Audio Origami RB-250 + Clearaudio counterweight and the DL-103SA.
    The difference from the somewhat abused original is quite obvious!

Next up is externalizing the PSU!

I'm Andy.

Big thanks guys!
    The Tyr tone arm cable is well worth the punt as a used item. It really "lifted veils" compared to the original cable. On the other hand some music does not benefit from the increased insight but here i dont feel that any of the musicality/enjoyment becomes lost.

At the moment though, this is the item in focus;

Right now playing with an Audio Origami RB-250 + Clearaudio counterweight and the DL-103SA.
    The difference from the somewhat abused original is quite obvious!

Next up is externalizing the PSU!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast