+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: AlfaGTV's den

I'm Mika.

Had Concert 8s and later Concert 11s for some time perhaps ten years ago or so. Very nice speakers delivering quality sound with suitable system and I see you have also the original stands there..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mike.

Thats right! The stands were included in the price (€250) and all in all i'm very pleased with the purchase.

I have actually been selling off some old stuff which gave me the opportunity to aquire these and a new tone arm cable for the SME V.
    It's due for delivery any time now and i am really curious to what it's gonna do with my vinyl playback.
    I dont think the VdH cable delivered with SME V is a bad one, but i'm sure there are better ones out there.
    I'm waiting for a Nordost Tyr to see what it does!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Thats right! The stands were included in the price (€250) and all in all i'm very pleased with the purchase.

I have actually been selling off some old stuff which gave me the opportunity to aquire these and a new tone arm cable for the SME V.
    It's due for delivery any time now and i am really curious to what it's gonna do with my vinyl playback.
    I dont think the VdH cable delivered with SME V is a bad one, but i'm sure there are better ones out there.
    I'm waiting for a Nordost Tyr to see what it does!
    I had the Nordost Quattro- Fil on my V a while back and that sounded very nice indeed Mike.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Mike.

Just wanted to show off a few piccies taken with the USB Microscope mentioned in another thread a few weeks back:

First up, my Dynavector XX-2 MkII;

As you can see, the diamond is mounted a bit off axis, not to mention the fact its twisted 90 degrees from what i had expected?

And secondly, the Lyra Delos with quite a different diamond, and method of attachment too!

I'm Barry.

Wow thats a handy gadget , how is the lyra diamond fixed ?

I'm Mike.

Thats some kind of adhesive, but i dont know what.
    A wild guess would lead to some form of cyanoacrylate (superglue) but i dont know whether the diamond is also anchored mechanically in the boron rod....
    Interesting to see though!

I'm Mike.

Christmas is coming to ~Casa Miguel~:

This is the view over the music room/library and you can actually see my tv/movie setup. At the moment even sporting the Orbe SE as a Techy has claimed the vinyl spinner position in the main setup! Wtf? Yes, curiosity is a disease hard to rid yourself of!
    No, its not challenging the Michell as it is very std, but beginning next week it will get its PSU externalised and regulated. Then the original cart-rod will become an Audio Origami RB-250!
    We'll see where this ends up!
    Oh, one more thing; my main power amp will get some serious competition during the weekend.

I'm Mika.

Cozy! Like it a lot despite not a huge fan of christman here and christmas there..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mike.

Thx Mika! Were not overly traditional either when it comes to christmas, but we both like cosy lighting!

Here's the newcomer;

Still in standard shape, with the DL-103SA on the original arm.

I'm Andy.

Has the new tonearm cable arrived yet Mike?

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast