+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotify...An instant digital jukebox

Thumbs up

thanks for the thread and the heads up , tried it and love it. Finding little known tracks from favourite artists is a real boost. The range is far better than last fm which I like too.

I think it's brilliant, thanks so much for the heads-up. I don't think it'll last however!!

I'm Nick.

Wow. I'm just trying Spotify and the range of music is impressive. Sound is a bit strident, though it uses a decent codec at a decent bit rate (Ogg Vorbis q5 - 160kbps) - far better than many streaming audio offerings. It's the choice that's the amazing thing though.

My random first 5...

359 tracks by Bill Frisell
    76 by Soft Machine
    54 by Ryoji Ikeda
    18 by Bolt Thrower
    101 by Steve Reich

There are some pretty obscure albums and singles on there as well.

Great for checking an artist our prior to buying their stuff properly.

Seems too good to be true
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

How much classical music can be found on Spotify?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Nick.

Apart from Steve Reich? Stacks. 9000+ tracks associated with 'Beethoven', 4900+ Schubert, 105 Benjamin Britten, 4000+ Simon Rattle... enough to keep you entertained I guess!

There's even my favourite Pipe Organ performer Jennifer Bate. Seems pretty eclectic.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Steve.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/

What is amazing is how the Swedish owners have been the first out of the block to persuade the major record labels that legal torrent files are the way to go. I'm hoping that Spotify will see off the usual suspects (even if I have been guilty myself ) Its great to access this monumental library without feeling guilty.

Check out the blog above ...Benny from Abba has contributed his own playlist !! Love the version of Dancing Queen by Frank Turner.

Now then...the 160k stream sounds pretty good through a 7510...now what will it be like through the 7520 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Now then...the 160k stream sounds pretty good through a 7510...now what will it be like through the 7520 ?
    Someone with a DAC1 USB told me that his Benchmark is up for sale...

Stan

I'm Jim.

Another thanks for this.

It also integrates with Airfoil for streaming via an AE/Atv.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Having seen my credit card bill this month will all my Amazon & HMV purchases, I am now seriously considering the Premium account with Spotify - £9.99 a month and you get no adverts, but also the sound quality is improved with "up to" 320 kbps - has anyone gone for the Premium option yet, and what do you think of it if you have? You can have a "day pass" for 99p, so I'll try that when I have a day at home next, the 160 kbps stream is pretty impressive anyway through the Caiman.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Have I read wrong? 320Kb/s is only available on long term Spotify subscription, not at the daily rate.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast