+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Exposure 2010S2 integrated amplifier

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Like the ''Farlowe'' Exposure amps....Does this one work best with Exposure Speaker Cable?
    They work best with low capacitance speaker cable, so Exposure speaker cable would be fine. NVA cable was my choice a great open window on the highs.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Like the ''Farlowe'' Exposure amps....Does this one work best with Exposure Speaker Cable?
    Unlike the older JF gear, there are no special requirements regarding low-cap speaker cable for the latest Exposure stuff. Saying that I'd just use something like Talk 3 as it's good, honest cheap cable.

As Neil says, NVA would work really well - as I've found it does on pretty much anything. The only amps I've found the cable doesn't work well with is old (Olive) Naim.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Unlike the older JF gear, there are no special requirements regarding low-cap speaker cable for the latest Exposure stuff. Saying that I'd just use something like Talk 3 as it's good, honest cheap cable.

As Neil says, NVA would work really well - as I've found it does on pretty much anything. The only amps I've found the cable doesn't work well with is old (Olive) Naim.
    Which NVA Speaker cable did you use with the JF Exposure ''Integrated'' amps?

Cheers Gromit.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Which NVA Speaker cable did you use with the JF Exposure ''Integrated'' amps?

Cheers Gromit.
    None - didn't have any NVA stuff at all when I had the Exposure integrateds. Really think you need to start a new thread here Shane, we're treading on Martin's classified ad.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Shane.

Sorry Martin!

Best of Luck with the sale.

I'm Martin.

Thanks chaps,
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Martin.

Now sold - thanks Jim
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Stu.

Default Exposure amp.

hi is your exposure amp actually sold now?

Cheers

Stu

I'm Martin.

Hi Stu,

Yes, it's gone I'm afraid. It was a good amp, but I think the Brio-R is a better match for my system.

Good luck with your search,
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Stu.

Hi martin,

Thanks for the reply. I see you have changed all your set up now haven't you? Are you using the sonos Soley as your streamer now, no CD player etc?
    I did the Same and bought the sonos zp90 a couple weeks back to give me an extra zone in my bedroom. The play 5 sounds great up there. However in my lounge I want to tweak things. Currently using the original rega Mira amp. The sound is ok. I bought a dacmagic and put it in the system but I actually prefered te sound from the sonos built in dac over the dacmagic in my system.
    The sound still isn't blended quite right. I was wondering if the rega dac makes a lot of difference? And would I gain more from adding a rega dac or going for the brio r as an upgrade to my setup? What do you think?
    Have tried your set up with the brio r and sonos without the raga dac? Does it make a lot of difference?
    I really like rega stuff but that exposure 2010s seems to get such high ratings from every one and said to be superior?

Regards

Stu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast