Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Exposure 2010S2 integrated amplifier

I'm Tony.

There's a Brio-R for sale on pinkfish.

I don't know the seller.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Hi martin,

Thanks for the reply. I see you have changed all your set up now haven't you? Are you using the sonos Soley as your streamer now, no CD player etc?
    I did the Same and bought the sonos zp90 a couple weeks back to give me an extra zone in my bedroom. The play 5 sounds great up there. However in my lounge I want to tweak things. Currently using the original rega Mira amp. The sound is ok. I bought a dacmagic and put it in the system but I actually prefered te sound from the sonos built in dac over the dacmagic in my system.
    The sound still isn't blended quite right. I was wondering if the rega dac makes a lot of difference? And would I gain more from adding a rega dac or going for the brio r as an upgrade to my setup? What do you think?
    Have tried your set up with the brio r and sonos without the raga dac? Does it make a lot of difference?
    I really like rega stuff but that exposure 2010s seems to get such high ratings from every one and said to be superior?

Regards

Stu.
    Hi Stu,

Yes, I'm using the Sonos as my only source, with FLACs on a NAS, Spotify premium and Internet radio. Gives me everything i could ask for

The analogue output from the Sonos is good, but there's a noticeable difference when you add the Rega DAC. sound has more body, is more dynamic and less laid back. I'd definitely consider the Brio-R/Rega DAC combo as a winner for the money. I bought my pair second hand for about £650 all in.

The brio and dac give quite a weighty sound and are a good match for bright, forward sounding speakers, such as my Neats. Also a great match for Rega speakers, which may be my next upgrade.

You really need to get a brio and dac on loan or take a punt on secondhand ones to try. Not familiar with your speakers, but your results will be different to mine.

Hope this helps,
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Stu.

Thanks for the advice and feed back martin.
    My speakers are b and w dm 603's they were a £1000 new. Few years old but I am sure ae capable of amazing sound if I can get them powered right and the a clear input source.
    I am on a tight budget at the mo. the Mira has more than enough power for the speakers. Not sure which will give me the most performance upgrade between te amp or the dac. Think I will get the dac first and see how it sounds then look at the brio later on. I think the Mira had good reviews when it was new but it is a good few years old now.

Cheers

Stu.

I'm Martin.

Hi Stu,

There are a few people on the forum who probably know your speakers and amp well and will be able to advise you of a good match. I'd say that the biggest change will be by changing your speaker/amp combo, changes to the dac will be smaller.

Why don't you start a new thread and see what response you get?
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Stu.

Will do mate. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123