+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Inspire Idler Drive at show.

I'm Paul.

Default New Inspire Idler Drive at show.

Not a lot to get excited about at Whittlebury I'm afraid but Inspire have a new idler drive model. Obviously based on a modded GL75 it looks superb. Available in colour of your choice the top plate is modified to accomodate SME arms (maybe others?) and mounted in a superb plinth.

I wasn't able to find out what, if any substantial mods are done under the skin but it does look superb and from a brief listen is excellent sounding. £2500 may seem expensive but considering the standard of finish and plinth construction is fair value. It certainly is up there with decks of a similar price. I challenge any home modder to achieve similar results.

I'm stu.

Looks a very nice quality deck.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm jonny.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Not a lot to get excited about at Whittlebury I'm afraid but Inspire have a new idler drive model. Obviously based on a modded GL75 it looks superb. Available in colour of your choice the top plate is modified to accomodate SME arms (maybe others?) and mounted in a superb plinth.

I wasn't able to find out what, if any substantial mods are done under the skin but it does look superb and from a brief listen is excellent sounding. £2500 may seem expensive but considering the standard of finish and plinth construction is fair value. It certainly is up there with decks of a similar price. I challenge any home modder to achieve similar results.
    whilst my modified gl75 looks rather workmanlike i can assure you that many a home modder has produced a gl75 variant that is the equal or better of the inspire one and for far less. if you don't believe me have a look at the offerings at lenco heaven.

I'm oscar.

whilst I agree it looks nice as does all the Inspire stuff , I'm dismayed that anyone can launch a refurbished / re manufactured item as a NEW product I don't know any other trade where you could get away with this .

Oscar.
    www.oscarsaudio.co.uk Turntable Mats , Platforms , Headphone Stands , Cables , Cones

I'm Geoff.

I visited the Inspire factory a couple of years ago and had a long chat with the owner Robert Isherwood. He also showed and demonstrated to me his then current range of turntables.

I was most impressed, he was at the time almost running the business as a one man show, using outside help for design development and the manufacturing of precision parts, his works being largely an assembly line which he operated mainly himself. A very clever chap.

I know things have moved on since and I'm sure his manufacturing base must be much larger now, but I got the impression that he sincerely believed in his products.

If Robert turns out a revamped Lenco variant turntable, I have no doubt it will surpass the ability of the original and should be superb. I'm looking forward to seeing an HFW review of that one!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarsaudio View Post
    whilst I agree it looks nice as does all the Inspire stuff , I'm dismayed that anyone can launch a refurbished / re manufactured item as a NEW product I don't know any other trade where you could get away with this .

Oscar.
    Isn't that what Concordant used to do with Quad valve amps? (very nicely too)

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by barry-potter View Post
    whilst my modified gl75 looks rather workmanlike i can assure you that many a home modder has produced a gl75 variant that is the equal or better of the inspire one and for far less. if you don't believe me have a look at the offerings at lenco heaven.
    Possible if you had access to professional spraying and engineering facilities. I don't think you will find anything approaching the finish achieved. Rear corner cut out and seamless machined arm mount in place. You would only recognise it as a Lenco from the remaining speed/control. Even the later is likely new or recromed parts.

From the SQ on a brief listen there is likely some expensive below rhe surface improvements such as to idler and bearing. Unfortunately Mr Isherwwood was preoccupied with other enquiries and I was unable to ascertain the hidden improvements. Anyhow judging by his other products I doubt this is just a nice cosmetic job.

Paul.

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by barry-potter View Post
    I beg to differ, the percentage of blodging that has the Whoar !! factor is pretty low there,most i wouldn't give it house room,
    one thing is prevalent though, the amount of trees died to make some of the monstrosities is criminal.
    Frank...made me do it.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Lenco had better not find out...

A year or two ago, someone was thinking about making a solid cast plinth/mounting for Lenco running gear and putting it into production. The manufacturers found out and "disuaded" him from doing it.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm andy.

Then how did PTP get away with it?, any links to the article.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast