+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meteor Shower

I'm Dominic.

Default Meteor Shower

Did anyone see the Meteor shower over the NW of the UK last night, Ithink it was around 9pm. I was in the back garden and the view that I saw cross the sky was absolutely amazing, I know I will unlikely witness anything like that again that close to this neck of the woods. I'm always star gazing and I have a telescope, but that was something else. There are some images on the internet, just wondered if anyone on here had seen it to.

Natalie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, we caught the last of it over the skies of Dunfermline. Just pure luck. Quite a sight!

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes, we caught the last of it over the skies of Dunfermline. Just pure luck. Quite a sight!
    Bugger missed it last night, too drunk at 11 bells to be outside.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nah, it was at about 9 o'clock.

I'm Richard.

Apparently, it was not a meteor shower but space junk re-entering the atmosphere. Didn't see it myself.
    Richard

synsei Guest

It appeared just before 11pm here as was reported on the BBC website. It was spectacular. I don't think it was a meteor though as there were just too many pieces and they were travelling too slowly. Looked more like a piece of space junk breaking up on re-entry to me, and a big piece at that... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19683687 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...r-Britain.html

+ Reply to Thread