+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Anybody have the Funk Firm FX-1200 arm?

I'm Kevin.

I have just fitted my 2M Black
    Wow, what a sound. I thought that the SAE 1000LT was good, but this just takes it up a notch. Detail, bass and tonal balance, it's all there. Sound stage sounding quite expansive with superb separation.
    (Yes Marco, I know it's still not a decent MC cartridge )
    Next week I hope to sort out my platter, as a 2nd hand Funk mk1 has become available. Triggers broom is almost complete.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

It's been a while since I posted here, so I thought a little update was in order.
    I decided to change the cartridge back to the humble AT95E.

This cartridge has absolutely no right to sound as good as it does! Sure, it's lacking the detail of the other cartridges, but it has such a musical presentation, it just gets down and boogies.
    The Shibata stylus looks more tempting now (which is one of the reasons I switched back to the AT95E).
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It's been a while since I posted here, so I thought a little update was in order.

This cartridge has absolutely no right to sound as good as it does! Sure, it's lacking the detail of the other cartridges, but it has such a musical presentation, it just gets down and boogies.
    The Shibata stylus looks more tempting now (which is one of the reasons I switched back to the AT95E).
    Let me know if you get one and its good. I have a fancy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

As an Update I have just ordered one of the JICO Shibata Stylii for my cart/ s . I have 2, so will give me another string to my bow sort of speak. Temptation got the better of me I'm afraid

Fortunately I just got a load of shopping in but beans on toast for a while too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andr'e.

I have two carts i use most of all the Shure 'M95HE' & Goldring 'G900IGC', both ready for new styli.. I'm not sure if i ought to buy the Jico 'N95HE SAS' or the 'G-900IGC' styli! only about a tenner between em
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 09-03-2015 at 22:55.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    As an Update I have just ordered one of the JICO Shibata Stylii for my cart/ s . I have 2, so will give me another string to my bow sort of speak. Temptation got the better of me I'm afraid

Fortunately I just got a load of shopping in but beans on toast for a while too
    Let me know how it turns out.
    I was wondering who was going to crack first.
    Kevin

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post

Hi Kev, how's it going? By pure coincidence I picked one of these up the other day but have yet to install it. Do you find it more musical than the 2M Black?

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I have two carts i use most of all the Shure 'M95HE' & Goldring 'G900IGC', both ready for new styli.. I'm not sure if i ought to buy the Jico 'N95HE SAS' or the 'G-900IGC' styli! only about a tenner between em
    If you go for the Shure I'd be interested in your findings, eventually got my Hadcock hooked up yesterday. Massive improvement (with the M95HE) over the RB300, more detailed, more natural, more texture to bass, reduced rumble. Very happy, more like the presentation I had with the FX.1200 but with the drive of the Garrard, I see Hadcock mod's in my future.
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Kevin.

The 2M Black is more detailed, but I would say it's a little bit clinical in comparison.
    I miss the detail of the 2M.

To be perfect fly honest, I was using the SAE1000LT recently. I was saving the 2M Black for when I had bought my RCM. I was tempted by the Shibata for the AT95E. I just wanted to see if I could live with the character of the AT95. The answer is yes.
    Kevin

I'm Darren.

I know what you're saying, I miss the detail of the AT440MLa but think it sounds synthetic compared to the M95HE, maybe SAS is the answer? My concern is how it will change the character of the cart?
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Kevin.

It should give it more detail, but as the generator is the same, the underlying audio "signature" should not change much. Well, I hope not anyway!
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536