+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody have the Funk Firm FX-1200 arm?

I'm Nick.

Default Anybody have the Funk Firm FX-1200 arm?

Would love to hear from anyone who has tried this upgrade.
    Has anyone tried this arm yet?

I'm Robert.

Hi Nick I asked the same question a good while back. Not one member came forward. I sense that the arm might be good but overpriced, who knows ?

I'm Nick.

hmmm... surprising!! I guessed the Tech-heads here would give anything a try!?!
    Surely mere money is no object? must be some AoS'ers with more expensive arms on their Techies? ... but nobody tried the FX-1200... do they know something we don't??
    Almost tempted to dig deep and try it out now just to post the report myself

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

I'm fairly certain that marco has tried it and rated it quite highly.If memory serves me correctly,he said it was better than a jelco SA 750D,but it is twice the price of the jelco,so we should expect that.

I'm not sure if he tried the full version,or just the arm tube,i suspect the full version though.

I did consider the funk arm myself and sent an email to them for some details.I never heard anything back and a second hand jelco came up,so went for that.I've been more than happy with it!
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Nick.

yes... I'm hearing good things about the Jelco 750 here - looks like it could be the way to go...

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

I don't think you can too far wrong with a jelco,good value for money,sound great and easy to use,fluid dampening and detachable headshell,with is very handy if you have a few carts to play with.

I'm sure there are a good few other arms out there at a similiar price,so if you're after a few selections,i'm sure some more knowledgeable members will point you in the right direction if you're unsure.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Johan.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    I did consider the funk arm myself and sent an email to them for some details.I never heard anything back.......
    I did the same, mailed last week, no response received. Maybe next week, we'll see.

I'm Nick.

Just had a very interesting and helpful phone conversation with Arthur from Funk Firm about their Techie upgrades.
    Seems they are very busy at the moment with new products preparing to launch and, as far as the UK market is concerned, somewhat hampered by the lack of an established UK dealership at present.
    But they contacted me within 24 hours of my email to them and were very friendly and helpful, so anyone who has not managed to make contact should definitely try again. I was told they make the effort to respond to every email they receive.

I'm Simon.

Rob who lives round the corner from me has the 9" F.X on an Avid. I actually prefer the sound of the basic Audiomods arm on the same deck. I found the F.X a little lightweight in the lower registers. It could be his set-up/cart matching.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nick.

hmmm...lightweight in the lower registers? that's a little worrying... I listen to a lot of bass-heavy tunes, 70s dub etc...
    Still, hopefully will have the chance to check out the sound for myself in the next couple of weeks. I will bear that in mind, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast