+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: CD albums that are truly 10/10

I'm inactive.

only three in my small collection I would class as sonically superb on all tracks:

'Protection' - Massive Attack
    'Dummy' - Portishead
    'Solid Air' - John Martyn

All the rest are overblown at some point or totally - including the much revered Sigur Ros
    Last edited by mikmas; 20-03-2015 at 01:46. Reason: added one

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Wallflower.Diana Krall cd is superb and sq is also
    DK aka Voldemort. Go wash your mouth out.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    DK aka Voldemort. Go wash your mouth out.
    PHEASANT !!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

On the back of seeing the maestro last night, Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs.

A true 10 out of 10 album, whether it be played on CD, LP, Cassette, £50k Naim system or £5 transistor radio.

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Mika.

Very beautiful and powerful neofolkprog album. Highly recommended!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_(band)
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Grant.

As good a live recording as you will find anywhere, anytime.
    Last edited by struth; 24-10-2015 at 23:23.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away, getting strong today... a giant step each day.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

I have toooooo many albums that I would give 10/10 (and I am quite critical) but, as I've said before music is very subjective and one persons' 10/10 album is someone elses 0/10. Here are 5 that spring to mind (In no particular order of preference) :-

mansonmechanicalanimals.jpg

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals - this album is so good, it mixes David Bowie, Gary Numan, Glam Rock, Industrial and Electronic style music to produce an absolute killer !!!!

Mtvn Rdio.jpg

Steve Hillage - Motivation Radio - Pure classic 70's hippy trip meets Prog Space Rock - just brilliant musicianship and songs !!!

nothings_shocking_cover.jpg

Jane's Addiction - Nothings Shocking - Massive alt-rock classic; Metal meets tribal meets punk meets everything thats needed to create pure genius !!!

Japan ASSEM.jpg

Japan - Assemblage - A fantastic mix of songs from there early career and there isn't a bad track on it; I'm not usually a fan of compilations but this one highlights Japan beautifully. Japan have to be one of the most underrated bands ever. As musicians, Japan were class, the bass playing was an art form in itself, Steve Jansens drumming was great, the synth sound was the inspiration for what came after because Japan were simply way ahead of there time!!!

Floyd.jpg

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Along with Dark Side Of The Moon, these are simply career defining albums; there's nothing else to say that hasn't already been said - absolute CLASS !!!

I could go on and on but, these are just a fraction of the albums I would give 10/10 There are so many more from the years where music meant something unlike todays conveyor belt pop crap
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Gethin.

Pretenders - Isle of View

Wonderful semi acoustic recording of some of their most popular tracks, sounds superb and brilliantly performed.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I am amused that many of the albums posted up here were released quite a while before CD became a reality.
    The albums I listed way back when in the thread were once only available of CD, yet I see Robin Trower's "Bridge Of Sighs", and that was out before Pink Floyd released "Wish You Were Here" - definitely pre CD.

I have long thought the thread should just simply be called "albums that I like", because the CD bit seems to have be irrelevant from the off.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast