+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CD albums that are truly 10/10

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Did he produce it himself? I quite like the job he did on the Clapton album 'August'. That's one you could check out too although I've never heard the CD version.
    Yes, he did. Hugh Padgham assisted.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    I feel a bit embarrassed about listing this one but Face Value by Phil Collins is a superb recording.
    Also the album Hello, I Must be Going has some superbly recorded examples of controlled anger. Try Thru These Walls, an excellent song with outstanding sound.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Also the album Hello, I Must be Going has some superbly recorded examples of controlled anger. Try Thru These Walls, an excellent song with outstanding sound.
    Cheers Martin. Just purchased for the princely sum of £1.77. I paid 4.40 for a pint of lager the other day. Funny old world eh?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I had to pinch myself there for a minute, then I realised it wasn't a dream - you really are talking about Phil Collins where's my Rufus Wainwright gone?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Harry.

Sorry Tim. I'm really embarrassed myself. And I quite like Rufus Wainright. And someone recommended a Chris de Burgh album. Really.

I'm Harry.

I can't be arsed to trawl through the thread but whoever suggested Aerial by Kate Bush, take a bow and I'll buy you a pint if we ever meet. Total class. A work of genius. Beautiful. Thank you.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    Sorry Tim. I'm really embarrassed myself. And I quite like Rufus Wainright.
    Funny though . . . and Martin hates Rufus too. I once tried to sell some Phil Collins on eBay but nobody was buying, so they went to the charity shop (could still be there). I also have some Adele I never play. I tend to still buy things just to see what they are like, I have quite a collection of albums that have only been played once.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Harry.

God, I have plenty of albums that have played once. Bad recordings I just can't deal with anymore. I have three kids between 18-25 and they get all sorts foisted on them. I don't think I'd dare try Phil Collins on them. Two of them like Rufus though.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I had to pinch myself there for a minute, then I realised it wasn't a dream - you really are talking about Phil Collins where's my Rufus Wainwright gone?
    Ouch! Oh well, it's a good thing we're all different. I hate the later pap that Phil Collins peddled, but those first two solo albums are class. Still can't stand Rufus, though

I'm Paul.

Wow most of the albums I was going to recommend have already been mentioned, but here goes;

James Taylor - Hourglass & October Road
    Ryan Adams - Gold
    Air - Talkie Walkie & Moon Safari
    Nitin Sawhney - Beyond Skin & Undersound & Human

These are just the tip of the Iceberg...
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast