+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl cleaning - hoovering?

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by General Indifference View Post
    The KAB-EV1 is excellent, and just as effective as an Okki-Nokki or the Moth cleaners, just not quite as convenient.
    You need 'convenient' IMHO or you just won't use it. My Moth (built from the kit) is sat right next to my records ready to use - if I had to go and fetch the vacuum cleaner and put it all together every time, I'd be much less inclined to clean my records. Get the Moth kit - It's not that more expensive than the KAB once shipping, vat and duty are factored in.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Joan.

I suppose it depends how lazy you are. I had one for several years, and I never found it that much of a task to get the hoover out and clean a batch. They come up second hand every now and again for below £100.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    You need 'convenient' IMHO or you just won't use it. My Moth (built from the kit) is sat right next to my records ready to use - if I had to go and fetch the vacuum cleaner and put it all together every time, I'd be much less inclined to clean my records. Get the Moth kit - It's not that more expensive than the KAB once shipping, vat and duty are factored in.

I'm Stewart.

Speaking from an entirely practical standpoint this is why the recording industry stopped recording direct to disc in 1959......

At my place of employment we have 3 analogue tape cleaning machines which cost a mere £25 000 each. They are used every day as we have to clean most older tapes we archive.
    Stewart.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by General Indifference View Post
    I suppose it depends how lazy you are. I had one for several years, and I never found it that much of a task to get the hoover out and clean a batch. They come up second hand every now and again for below £100.
    Laziness wont be a problem:-) Ill keep my eyes open and maybe will find something second hand.

Ta

D

I'm Richard.

I no longer hoover; I now have a Kirby. There may well be a record cleaning attachment. After all there is a head massage attachment, and a combined orbital sanding/massage attachment. Really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12