+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 299 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Saturday and time for a beer!

I'm Geoff.

Saturday night once again. I'm very tempted to trundle round the corner and have a few beers in an hour or so. I know I'll regret it tomorrow, but these things have to be done once in a while and it's been a couple of weeks since I indulged! Cheers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Too cold to go out - I'm stopping in with some cans of Guinness. Just watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers. All good fun.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Wine for me (a nice Tempranillo). Just had Garlic Mushrooms as a starter & got Chicken & Chorizo Pasta to follow.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

A nice Rioja at home watching shite TV, never go out these days very much, mainly 'cos of the nippers, but I can't really be arsed when the sofa is so comfy. Cheers all.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Too cold to go out - I'm stopping in with some cans of Guinness. Just watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers. All good fun.
    Well my boozer is only about five minutes walk so I won't get cold and I intend to have a nice pint in front of me in just over a quarter of an hour!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Good to see you around Alex - I'm liking your new motor btw - good choice - those Chrysler gangster mobiles look cool but they are not such a good motor really. Anyway - cheers!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Cheers Martin - had a tough few months since the summer but hopefully settling down a bit now and I can spend a bit more time here - but more importantly listening to some music on a decent system. The VW has been great so far, except the wife loves it and nicks it at every opportunity!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andr'e.

O about 10 pints of some crap {that tasted nice}

I'm Geoff.

As predicted, last night's five pints of lager, whilst very enjoyable, did me no favours at all today. Been a bit thick headed all day. At least I managed to cook a Sunday dinner every body liked. Chicken & mushroom pasta bake with loads of veg in and crunchy cheese topping. Yum!

I'm Geoff.

Well it's actually Friday night, but I feel a pint coming on.

I've had a cold all week which has really cramped my style, but it is easing off slowly and I reckon a beer or four is well deserved and will cheer me up.

I reckon by about half nine I'll be propping up the bar of my local with a nice pint of lager in front of me.

+ Reply to Thread