+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 299 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 2990

Thread: Late Saturday and time for a beer!

I'm Geoff.

I'm thinking of popping round to the shop for some beers. Not had one for about a week and rather fancy the idea seeing as the weekend is here.

I'm Grant.

Enjoy it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I've got a can of San Miguel. You know there are three off-licenses near me and they are all equidistant within a few yards? But none of them are properly close, where you can just nip round.

Used to live in a house with a Chinese and an offey literally 100 feet away. A good Chinese too, Never cooked for myself once the whole year I was there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Got myself a couple of cans of Perla Polish lager. It's quite acceptable stuff.

I'm Martin.

I had several Polish options too. Loads of Polish live round here. Perla is okay, but they are all a bit hefty on the old ABV, your Polish beers, and I had a couple of pints after work already.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Perla is okay, but they are all a bit hefty on the old ABV
    6% on these. Some Perlas are stronger.

I'm Martin.

I know, they've taken me by surprise before.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

It's not the weekend yet, but I'm going to cheer myself up with a beer in a minute. Cheers!

I'm Robert.

Everytime I fancy one, the fridge is empty
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's not the weekend yet, but I'm going to cheer myself up with a beer in a minute. Cheers!
    Enjoy!

For the past few days we have got into the habit of going out around 10 'o clock at night for a walk, when it has cooled and is more pleasant than during the day. Usually end up at a pub and enjoy a beer al fresco.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread