+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Paralympic games

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Default 2012 London Paralympic games

I thought we should have a thread on this ! In awe of the Paralympians I've seen so far .
    Great to see so many nations taking part and great support from the British public !
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Keith.

I agree. Just been watching some track cycling - totally amazing watching someone with one leg flying round the velodrome.

GBs Sarah Storey earlier won our first Gold of the games in the Women's Individual Pursuit C5 after setting a new world record in her heat. That's Sarah's 8th Paralympics gold medal (19 Paralympics medals in all) of her career
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Chris.

Hi Keith , was that the Chinese guy ? I was amazed at that , he didn't get a medal but incredible anyway.
    Chris

I'm Keith.

There were a few Chris - but the one that sticks in my mind was the Chinese lady who won gold in the Individual Pursuit C1-3 who started slowly but built into a rhythm that just got faster and faster until she overhauled the other rider (who had both legs but a prosthetic foot) easily by the end.

Did you see the opening ceremony? My favourite bit was Birdy performing an Antony and the Johnsons song.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    GBs Sarah Storey earlier won our first Gold of the games in the Women's Individual Pursuit C5 after setting a new world record in her heat. That's Sarah's 8th Paralympics gold medal (19 Paralympics medals in all) of her career
    Didn't she used to be a gold medal swimmer, or do I have the wrong person here...

I'm sure some female Paralympic GB swimmer took up cycling after getting an ear infection
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Keith.

Yep, that's her. Originally from Disley - 3 miles from me, she still lives locally.
    Keith

Gallery

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Sweet Good on her!
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Chris.

Did anyone watch Richard Whitehead win the T42 200 m ? Incredible last 50 wow , the American lass Long with no legs ! She swims like a fish , incredible ! Last night I watched astounded as a Chinese guy with one arm win gold in the butterfly against mostly swimmers with two arms .

And everything is so well attended , the stadium was buzzing this morning , can't help being moved by the courage and determination of these Paralympians .
    Chris

I'm Mark.

I went down on Thursday and watched some Goalball and Basketball. Thought it was brilliant. If you get chance to get some tickets I highly recommend it. They are not that expensive and travel is pretty simple.
    Mark

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    I went down on Thursday and watched some Goalball and Basketball. Thought it was brilliant. If you get chance to get some tickets I highly recommend it. They are not that expensive and travel is pretty simple.
    Would have liked to but no chance of any time off next week ! But ch4 coverage has been pretty good so far , in fact 1st time it's been televised properly .
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast