+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Innovations Series 1000 Mk 3 and Series 500 Integrated Amplifier

I'm Neil.

Tip: remove those rings from around the valves - they kill dynamics!
    STEVE TOY

I agree Steve, tried some EAT valve dampers on the valves inside my Puresound P10 and didn't like it one bit.

Seemed to go to dry for me.
    Jonathan.

HI Guys

My findings are different. I have never heard a loss of anything with TUBE RINGS in place. The improvement is small but there is an increase in clarity, openness and detail with slight bass improvement too. Some valves show more improvement than others but all show an improvement. I am with Mike Homar on this one. I have them or similar on nearly all my valve gear.

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm InSpace.

To be fair, I didn't like the Golden Dragon tube rings too much, at least on KT88's they didn't seem to do anything.

I wouldn't be without my EAT Cool Dampers on small signal valves though...
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Homar View Post
    To be fair, I didn't like the Golden Dragon tube rings too much, at least on KT88's they didn't seem to do anything.

May have to try them again just to see if I have the same thoughts about them.

thanks

Great to see all the photos and hear such accurate pieces of history,
    I had a series 200 pre , 800 pre,800 m3 power amp, 2nd audios 2a3 and 6b4g version, I had problems with hum on the 2nd audio 2a3 and was considering border patrol power supplies but every one selling with power supplies on then,Hifi World adverts ,in 1998 said every thing was increased including the hum,so i moved on to 6b4g version.
    A friend of mine in Sollihull the former uk Klipsch distributer (Midlands Radio)said he had Peter Quarvadrup and Eric Anderton
    bought large quantity of Leak stereo 20s of him at £50 each at that time ,and at that time Peter said he was going to build the best amp in the world. He certainly built the most expensive.When i was still a teenager at a hifi show in Belfast there was a Audio Note room and Peter was demonstrating and someone says to him surely that amplifier is not £125 thousand ,yes it is but the one you are listening to £250 thousand and someone asked had he sold any and he said yes in Germany.Maybe Dalek Supreme could remember the rest of the systeym.
    It is very nice for me to read what people who make our hifi products have to say.
    Last edited by Giant Haystacks; 04-02-2009 at 02:06.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Homar View Post
    Aye, I know - those are the ones you use as cock rings!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Default Factual Correction

Peter said he was going to build the best amp in the world. He certainly built the most expensive.When i was still a teenager at a hifi show in Belfast there was a Audio Note room and Peter was demonstrating and someone says to him surely that amplifier is not £125 thousand ,yes it is but the one you are listening to £250 thousand and someone asked had he sold any and he said yes in Germany.Maybe Dalek Supreme could remember the rest of the systeym.
    It is very nice for me to read what people who make our hifi products have to say. Giant Haystacks
    The amplification GH is talking about, was Audio Note of Japan. Peter Q was the European/UK distributor of Kondo Sans original designs. This was before he took control of the name for his own use in the UK and Europe and started making his own/copy designs. This is what happens when you (Kondo) do not register your brand name in a particular country/countries.

The System was I think (depends on the year. If it was 2000, I don't know)Snell A, Voyd Ref+Helius Cyaline, AN IO cartridge, AN phono Stage, Ongaku 211 triode amp,cabling AN ANVX.

Regards D S D L----Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 04-02-2009 at 09:39.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12