Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
Oh great, found a post where I also can talk a load of meaningless bollocks
(What do you mean I always do that)

A few thoughts on the Art of Sound.
There are two sorts of HiFi, the type that when you’ve finished admiring all the shiny boxes and saying “wow I bet that cost an arm and a leg” you leave saying “Yep, nice kit mate”.
Then there is the sort that makes you want to cry or dance. I like this sort best.

Two sorts of HiFi enthusiast; those who buy music to listen to the HiFi and those that buy HiFi to listen to the music.
This division into 'music lovers' and 'hifi lovers' is artificial IMO.

Firstly there are way more than two types of hifi enthusiast. There are the 'fit and forget' types who buy one system and stick with it; there are the 'upgraders' who start out with a basic set up and then move up the ladder to Nirvana/bankruptcy; there are 'box-swappers' who try loads of stuff and move it on quickly if it doesn't suit; there are the DIYers who want to get the best result at the lowest cost, and to tailor what they've got more exactly to their needs.

Secondly, almost all of every type of enthusiast simply wants to hear the music they love 'better' through a better system, even if some of us get distracted at times by the shiny boxes, blue LEDs and faffing around with peripheral stuff.

Clearly the desired end result in all cases is a system that entertains you, moves you emotionally and basically enables the suspension of disbelief that allows you to connect with whatever sort of music you choose to listen to, be that simple voice & guitar or large-scale orchestral symphonies.