+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New system

I'm Mike.

Those Arts are mahoosive

Bet they sound gorgeous.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Neil.

That's quiet a change in system, from full Naim stack to the Gato. Read reviews but not heard one.

Nice room.

Regards Neil

I'm Olan.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Those Arts are mahoosive

Bet they sound gorgeous.
    You are not kidding about them being huge. I don't even notice them now (physically). Every now and then I get a 'Wooooah' moment from them. For instance, I played Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb the other night (for the first time in years) and was left with a stupid grin on my face when it finished. Bass in spades, but controlled, imaging, real depth of soundstage, and most important for a recovering Naimee, ferocious attack coupled with amazing timing.
    Vinyl: SME 20/2 & SME V, Audio Note Io Gold, Audio Note (Japan) S6, Allnic H1500 SEII
    Digital: 4TB Innuos Zen, Aesthetix Pandora DAC, Lumin D1 Streamer
    Pre Amp: Audio Research LS27
    Pwr Amp: Pass Aleph 2, Plinius SA-50 or Rank Concept Monoblocks
    Speakers: Art Alnico 8

I'm Olan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    That's quiet a change in system, from full Naim stack to the Gato. Read reviews but not heard one.

Nice room.

Regards Neil
    Cheers Neil

I demoed it and was quite impressed. I bought it because I got a stupidly good deal on it, and was pleasantly surprised a just how good it is. I thought it would be here for a few months and then moved on when I found a 'proper' amp/found out that I was right about class D amps after all. Much to my surprise it is a 'proper amp' and class D when done well is superb. It also seems to really match superbly with my speakers and room. I'm very pleased with the change so far.
    Vinyl: SME 20/2 & SME V, Audio Note Io Gold, Audio Note (Japan) S6, Allnic H1500 SEII

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by htm_1968 View Post
    Cheers Neil

I demoed it and was quite impressed. I bought it because I got a stupidly good deal on it, and was pleasantly surprised a just how good it is. I thought it would be here for a few months and then moved on when I found a 'proper' amp/found out that I was right about class D amps after all. Much to my surprise it is a 'proper amp' and class D when done well is superb. It also seems to really match superbly with my speakers and room. I'm very pleased with the change so far.
    Sounds interesting, I have yet to hear Class D done right. Maybe someday I will get to hear Gato.

Regards Neil

I'm Olan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Sounds interesting, I have yet to hear Class D done right. Maybe someday I will get to hear Gato.

Regards Neil
    Cheers Neil,

I've heard class A and A/B and D that were appalling. I have a long history with class A/B amps that are audiophile marmite, but taking this all into account the Gato is superb. I might be deaf though..... I suspect it is an almost uniquely lucky amp/speakers/room/deaf-as-a-stump interface leading to a profound sense of satisfaction on the owner's behalf.....:

On the other hand: for the Gato because it makes beautiful music that entertains me. That is what really matters....

I'm Neil.

On the other hand: for the Gato because it makes beautiful music that entertains me. That is what really matters....
    Yes indeed.

Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

You are not kidding about them being huge. I don't even notice them now (physically). Every now and then I get a 'Wooooah' moment from them. For instance, I played Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb the other night (for the first time in years) and was left with a stupid grin on my face when it finished. Bass in spades, but controlled, imaging, real depth of soundstage, and most important for a recovering Naimee, ferocious attack coupled with amazing timing.
    Good choice of tchoon.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Martin.

Lovely room and impressive -looking system. I also like to use 'Little Fluffy Clouds' as an occasional test track, always takes me back to my youth, late night 'chilling out' after gigs
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Olan.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Good choice of tchoon.
    Thanks Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Lovely room and impressive -looking system. I also like to use 'Little Fluffy Clouds' as an occasional test track, always takes me back to my youth, late night 'chilling out' after gigs
    Cheers Martin. No danger of chilling out to Little Fluffy Clouds at the volume levels I was playing it at......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast