+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FiiO dac troubles.

I'm colin.

Default FiiO dac troubles.

My FiiO e17 headphone socket went the other week and ive just received a replacement. This one doesnt even charge.
    A bit fed up, i hiked up to richer sounds and bought a Arcam rpac usb dac/headphone amp. It does not have the versatility of the Fiio but boy it sings.
    Im buying British from now on.
    By the way does anyone know my consumer rights? Can i ask for my cash back on the Fiio?
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    By the way does anyone know my consumer rights? Can i ask for my cash back on the Fiio?
    A lot depends on when and who you bought it from Colin?

The issue has been clouded slightly by you accepting a replacement for the first faulty one. At the first fault you can refuse to accept a product as not 'being of merchantable quality' or 'fit for purpose' - you are entitled to a full refund. However, if you accept a replacement or repair you have 'accepted' the goods and your rights change at this point. However, many reputable merchants should still give you a refund despite this - a lot depends on how long you have had it and its condition. When and who did you buy it from?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm colin.

I got it from mp3-amplifiers through ebay. They have been very good so far.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Just try them Colin, but unless I have my facts wrong they are no longer legally required to give you a refund as you accepted a replacement/repair for the first faulty one and did not 'reject' the goods. In practice most reputable retailers try to help out and give you what you want.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...nd-or-replace/
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    My FiiO e17 headphone socket went the other week and ive just received a replacement. This one doesnt even charge.
    A bit fed up, i hiked up to richer sounds and bought a Arcam rpac usb dac/headphone amp. It does not have the versatility of the Fiio but boy it sings.
    Im buying British from now on.
    Colin,
    Sorry to hear your FIIO woes ,I have been down that path, with all the hyperbole they get on the net you would think they could have your children for you.....just out of interest could you do a wee review on the rpac as one of the troops on hear wrote it up as not being a million miles away from the head amp on the audiolab mdac...

I'm colin.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Colin,
    Sorry to hear your FIIO woes ,I have been down that path, with all the hyperbole they get on the net you would think they could have your children for you.....just out of interest could you do a wee review on the rpac as one of the troops on hear wrote it up as not being a million miles away from the head amp on the audiolab mdac...
    Done.

+ Reply to Thread