+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What £150 headphones thread

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    Do you own the Superlux HD660? How long did it last? They are known for low reliability though seem an interesting option. Are they confortable?
    I own 668b/330/440/660 they are all great cans for the money and all sound different.They are improved comfort wise with the fitment of velvet ear pads...akg ones if memory serves. Thomman in germany sells them and you could buy a stable of cans and swap the pads over depending on use.The velvet pads stop them being sweaty.Reliability wise I have never had an issue, they have been faultless. They are not as comfy as my senn hd650s but they cost a fraction of them and offer up 95% of the performance. The 668b is capable of being driven reasonably with an i pod or cowon. The superlux are also very generous with leads and plugs.

I'm James.

Another happy Superlux user here

668b are great for the cash, had a pair 2 years now & cant fault them at all.

I'm Pedro.

Ok many thanks. I'll look into it.

Do you know where I can get tem besides Thommans? Post is €20 from them...

I'm Dave.

Iv'e been very happy with my Sennheiser HP 25 ll's. If you like Grado they will certainly please.

I'm Pedro.

Hey Tony, sorry to bother again.

Can you tell what are the differences between the 330, 440 and 660? The HD440 costs €22! I really can't miss that, even if it lasts one year...

I'm Shane.

Sony MDR-V6?

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    Hey Tony, sorry to bother again.

Can you tell what are the differences between the 330, 440 and 660? The HD440 costs €22! I really can't miss that, even if it lasts one year...
    I dont know where you got the reliability problems from....quite a few of the members on here have been running 668bs for a number of years with no issues. head fi had a great review of the 330/440/660 a google search should pull it up.I prefer the 660....a friend was round who plays cello professionally and had a listen to the different cans I own, she thought the 440s sounded the most like being in an orchestra....she noticed the added refinement the the hd650s had but kept coming back to the 440s. I find cans really need a couple of hundred hours on them to settle down, the superluxes are good full stop....

I'm Jostein.

A good shootout of portable headphones here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shoo...added-04-29-12
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Pedro.

The reliability issues I read was from the Gearslutz forum, from a guy that broke two in one year. But since it's a musicians forum, my guess is that it was used in a studio with musicians that didn't take much care for what is not their own. People tend not to give the same respect for session equipment in studios than the stuff they buy themselves. At some point he was bragging about headbagging to rock when playing guitar or drums, so my guess is that in Hi-Fi, people tend to take much more care for their own things.

I will most probably buy the HD660 and maybe some other too this week. The HD661 seem to be a good portable device. Maybe I'll get the 330 instead, I'll decide later. Damn, if these are half as good as everyone is telling, they are mighty fine headphones for the money!

Later I will try some good Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics or Audio Technica, just to compare.

I'm Jostein.

My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast