+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folding Bikes ....any good ?

I'm engy.

You got a pic of that beast of yours ? Lol.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by the engine View Post
    You got a pic of that beast of yours ? Lol.
    I'll dig it out at the weekend and take a pic
    Currently behind loads of stuff and my car
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm engy.

Bloody hell ....don't have to go to those lengths.....but ta anyway .

I'm Mike.

Bloody hell ....don't have to go to those lengths.....but ta anyway .
    Coincidence
    I was going around the place last Sunday pumping up tyres on all unused bikes and I thought....
    We need space - I need to sell some of this stuff
    I'll start with Sally's cheap MTB and the old folder
    I'd like to hang onto them all but having 9 bikes is a bit daft when they could go to a good home
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm engy.

9 bikes is not ' some bikes '
    9 bikes...is a fecking ' Fleet ' !!!

I'm Mike.

Ooh hang on, I forgot one, er 10.
    - My original Palm Beach I've had since I was 11, rode home from Curries I think in Aldershot
    I look at each one and say, I'll have to keep *that* one

Mike

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    We used chain reactions all the time, they are set up in Ireland and befit from great tax breaks and they are huge.

12kg is ok, it's 1kg more than my mountain bike but 2 kg less than my son's downhill bike.

I was going to suggest you check the geometry to ensure it suits you as bikes & people vary but you won't be able to as it's mail order. Still for £297 you can't go far wrong.
    12kg is OK for a folding bike and for what you are proposing it will be the gear ratios that will have the greatest impact when it comes to getting up hills. Worse case scenario is you get off and push on the hardest bits.

Let's hope the cycling experience makes you want to go faster and further. Cycling is a great sport and I know quite a number of very good riders in their 60s and 70s.

If you do 'get into' be prepared to shell out serious money. My best road bike weighs 6.8kg and for the same money I could have bought a good hifi system, a home cinema system and still had change for a few good nights out.

Enjoy the bike.

I'm Harry.

The perfect number of bikes is one more than you already have. I'll see your nine and raise you two. Nowt wrong with having 11 bikes IMHO.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    The perfect number of bikes is one more than you already have. I'll see your nine and raise you two. Nowt wrong with having 11 bikes IMHO.
    I need more space so it's not just some of the bikes that have to go

Mike

I'm Jason.

Have a look at these Mike....

eBay Linky...

Looks perfect for you!
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast