+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lehmann power unit upgrade?

I'm martin.

Default Lehmann power unit upgrade?

I'm awaiting the delivery of a Lehmann Rhinelander headphone amp(missed the bloody postie today) and wondered if anyone has experience of better power supply options as per Graham Slee models, or will I be happy as standard, I don't need to know if I've bought the wrong thing though please leave the bubble intact for the moment. thanks.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm David.

from the website:-

Specifications:
    Discrete Zero Global Feedback output stage with high quiescent current ready to drive most headphones or long cable runs - Audiophile voltage amplifier stage
    Single source preamplifier reconfigurable to "headphone only" mode with two line source inputs by replacing just two jumpers
    Relays source selection / mute operation
    Only MKP caps in the signal path for perfect transient response and ambience reproduction
    Gain jumper selectable 6dB/20dB
    Hand selected potentiometer with very good channel tracking
    Double sided audio board
    External AC power supply
    Ultra fast rectifying diodes
    We only use low ESR electrolytic caps
    Low-noise, regulated power supply
    Gold plated RCA connectors
    Original Neutrik headphone jack with gold plated contacts
    Anodized aluminium faceplate and knob

so maybe a better psu is not needed?

I'm martin.

I'm a dummy with electrics so I thought I'd ask the experts, thanks for the help.
    It's just a pity it's a two pin plug and needs an ungainly adaptor too.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Mike.

I built a battery psu for my Lehmann Black Cube and while it was an improvement it wasn't exactly huge, if I use the mains psu occasionally I find that it's not as involving as with the batteries.

I'm Mike.

Mike, are you referring to the phono stage? Or the Black Cube Linear/Rhinelander?

My personal Linear clone uses a massive 60VA trafo and it whups arse with all other HP amps i've heard...

Regards
    /Mike

I'm Mike.

Mike, yeah it's just the phono stage.

+ Reply to Thread